INSIDE: Go Shopping for the Best Souvenirs from around the world!
Planning an overseas vacation and looking for a list of the best souvenirs from around the world?
Take a look at these overseas shopping guides for the popular destinations around the world.
(Want to make your vacation shopping more memorable and meaningful? Start a travel souvenir collection. Take a look at our round up of the best things to collect while traveling)
Start here: The Best Souvenirs from each country, listed below.
BOOKMARK THIS PAGE. You’ll want to.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
- 1 Best Souvenirs from Around the World
- 2 TOP SOUVENIRS AND GIFTS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
- 3 No.1: London Souvenirs
- 4 No.2: Best best travel souvenirs from New York
- 5 No.3: Best souvenirs for Tokyo & Japan
- 6 No.4: Australia souvenirs to love
- 7 No.5: Cool souvenirs from New Zealand
- 8 No.6: Best souvenirs to collect in Bali
- 9 No.7: Rome & Italy souvenirs
- 10 No.8 Best Paris souvenirs
- 11 No.9: Lapland & Finland souvenirs
- 12 No.10: Best Disney Souvenirs
- 13 How to Display Ornaments & Travel Souvenirs
- 14 Coming soon!
- 15 LOOKING FOR MORE TRAVEL TIPS?
Best Souvenirs from Around the World
We’ve got unique, quirky and cool souvenirs from around the world.
Find souvenir shopping ideas & the perfect gift giving & buying solutions for countries including:
- New York & United States
- Tokyo & Japan
- New Zealand
- Rome & Italy
- Paris & France
- Lapland & Finland
- Disney Souvenirs from Disneyland California, and Disney World (and Disney Parks around the world)
Before you leave home: Check out our guide to the best luggage brands.
You will need sturdy suitcases (like these Disney X American Tourister suitcases) that can cope with extra luggage, and won’t burst at the seams when you pack it full with all your finds!
Ditch the obligatory magnet & buy beautiful things you truly love.
TOP SOUVENIRS AND GIFTS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
Here they are.
In no particular order.
No.1: London Souvenirs
Heading to the UK and wondering what to buy in London for friends and family?
Here’s a guide to the best souvenirs from London
The Best Souvenir Ideas for London guide includes:
- the most famous stores in London that you should not miss!
- details of London’s biggest toy store on Regent street! (a top place to buy British souvenirs for kids)
- famous things to buy in London, including the best Harry Potter souvenirs and where to get them
- London skincare, makeup and beauty brands
- popular souvenirs like English tea souvenirs
- where to buy toys in Covent Garden
- quirky and kitschy London souvenirs (including Harry and William BOBBLE HEAD DOLLS!), and
- the best food souvenirs to buy in London!
We’ve also gathered the best shops in London for toys, for kids (don’t miss the Paddington Bear Shop in Paddington station), for design aficionados, and lovers of handmade souvenirs too.
Check out this guide to the best London shopping areas too.
Hot tip: Visit Harrods Department Store in Knightsbridge to buy all your branded Harrods souvenirs.
(Enjoy a preview of possible British souvenirs & Harrods merchandise to buy in our guide of what you can buy at Harrods here).
Do stop in for a sneak peek at the Harrods food hall, one of the world’s most luxurious fresh food markets with prices to wow you!
No.2: Best best travel souvenirs from New York
The best souvenirs from NYC can be found here, in this complete guide to shopping in New York, including typical souvenirs, popular souvenirs, and the most unique finds too.
You’ll find details of the best Department stores in New York (hot tip: Macys!) , the best Candy stores in New York, as well as the best chocolate shops in NYC.
Read on for information on where to shop in New York for kitschy souvenirs , books, and unique gifts
New York Souvenirs Guide includes:
- famous things to buy in NY (like Die Cast taxi cab toys, and Statue of Liberty figurines)
- iconic things to buy in New York, like a Kate Spade handbag or an American Girl doll
- where to buy Disney souvenirs in NYC
- how to visit the Eloise at the Plaza store
- what you can find in the New York LEGO store
- where to shop for toys in NYC
- the best New York markets, and
- where to go NYC souvenir shopping for those who love good design
It’s all there!
No.3: Best souvenirs for Tokyo & Japan
Start your souvenir shopping in Tokyo here.
This fabulous shop in Shibuya has branches all over Japan, and you can’t go wrong.
In fact, you could buy ALL your Japanese souvenirs here, without any trouble!
Next up, read this MONSTER guide of things to buy in Japan.
- where to buy kimono in Japan
- the ultimate shopping street to buy kawaii culture in Tokyo (dolls & merchandise)
- where to find Japanese homewares & kitchenware
- Japanese food (& where to find Tokyo supermarkets)
- best Japanese beauty and skincare brands
- where to buy Japanese art supplies & manga supplies
- the best Japanese stationery stores & what to buy
- where to buy traditional Japanese souvenirs including kokeshi dolls, Japanese toys, & ninja dress up costumes
- where to buy bento boxes and bento accessories
- best Japanese candy
- where to buy traditional Japanese desserts packaged for travel
- Japanese snacks
Best shops in Japan for souvenirs
Head to Daiso 100 yen store in Harajuku Tokyo to buy cute souvenirs for 100 yen each!
Looking for craft goods and fabric in Japan? Here’s all you need to know.
Pokeman fans need to head here.
Tokyu Hands is our number one shop to visit in Japan.
MUJI is number two.
Sunshine City in Ikebukuro is our favorite shopping destination with something for everyone, AND lots of things to do for families.
We NEVER visit Japan without checking out their furniture stores to find gorgeous authentic homewares (and a new pair of Japanese slippers) we can use at home.
Hot tip: Oriental Bazaar in Tokyo Harajuku is the one stop shop for souvenirs in Tokyo. Don’t miss it!
No.4: Australia souvenirs to love
Take a look at this overview of the Best Souvenirs from Australia
Best Australian Souvenirs guide includes:
- unique Indigenous souvenirs
- Australian books
- Australian jewelry from local designers
- Australian fashion brands and shoes
- Australiana souvenirs
- cute Aussie toys and one of the best Australian toy shops
- stylish Australian homewares
- delicious Australian food! (Here’s a whole list of Australian snacks to buy for souvenirs!)
Plus, where to buy handmade Australian gifts and souvenirs.
(The QVB building in Sydney, pictured above, is a good start.)
Hot tip: Stop in the Australia Zoo shop if you head up to QLD, for lots of fun souvenirs and Steve Irwin memorabilia – Crikey shirts, mugs & books are top Aussie souvenirs!
No.5: Cool souvenirs from New Zealand
Take a look at this pocket guide to New Zealand souvenirs.
Best New Zealand souvenirs guide includes:
- New Zealand fashion, shoes and beauty goods
- New Zealand skincare and makeup brands
- Cultural souvenirs from New Zealand, including Maori carvings, Maori art, Maori weaving, and Maori gifts
- New Zealand food (and where to shop for groceries in New Zealand)
- All the kiwi snacks, drinks, biscuits, much loved chocolates in NZ, and slices.
- New Zealand candy
- Kiwi cookbooks and wine
- NZ toys including Buzzy Bee
- where to buy Fabric in New Zealand
Along with tips on where to find the best handmade arts and crafts in New Zealand, and stationery.
Looking for New Zealand wool souvenirs and gifts? Click the blue link for all the goods.
Hot tip: Here’s a guide to the best Auckland markets & other markets around NZ.
No.6: Best souvenirs to collect in Bali
Start here: Bali Shopping Price Guide.
It’s your all-encompassing guide to shopping in Bali.
- where to buy fun kids fashion
- what to pay so you don’t get ripped off
- where to buy Mimco bags
- where to buy macrame art works and hanging chairs
- the best skincare and haircare brands in Bali
- where to buy stickers in Bali
- the best places to buy sunglasses, Bintang t shirts, and Bali decor
A Bali supermarket is also the place to buy that product that everyone wants to know about, the one that gives that magical laundry smell!
Sick of the harrasment on the streets, or the heat, and want to shop in air-conditioned cool with marked prices?
Here’s some other markets and shopping centres in Bali to explore on your quest to find good Bali souvenirs and gifts:
- Discovery Mall in Kuta
- Seminyak Square shopping centre
- Centro shopping mall
- Seminyak Village
- Seminyak Flea market (there’s a wonderful Bali leather shop here)
Head to these homewares stores in Bali for local handmade decor items.
HOT TIP: Book a massage in Bali at this wonderful beauty day spa, for 1/2 the price of the hotels.
No.7: Rome & Italy souvenirs
Wondering what to buy in Rome or Italy?
This is the most comprehensive guide to Rome souvenirs out there.
Read this guide to:
- where to buy leather handbags in Rome
- Italian chocolate
- Italian food souvenirs
- Italian art and photography ideas
- Italian books & Italian coffee table books
- finding where to buy Italian toy brands
- where to buy Italian stationery, AND MORE!
Includes the best souvenirs from Italy for kids, including Pinocchio AND gladiator dress up costumes for kids!
Hot tip: Read our review of the Porta Portese markets before you go.
No.8 Best Paris souvenirs
Some of the best souvenirs from Paris can be found at Le Bon Marche Department Store. Even if you are on a budget, take a visit for a squizz at the beautiful building and architecture.
Avoid the overpriced souvenir shops in Paris, filled with goods from China. Head to the artisan boutiques on Parisian streets instead, for quality Parisian style and street cred.
If you are shopping for children, or gifts for family friends with kids, read this guide to the best French Toy brands.
Also, this is the best shop for toys in Paris.
No.9: Lapland & Finland souvenirs
Visit Marttiini to pick up a once-in-a-lifetime purchase of the best Finnish knives, and traditional Finnish kuksa cups.
Iittala Arabia is one of Finlands most iconic stores, home to beautiful glass dishes & homewares, famous Finnish kitchen utensils, and Moomin ceramics and enamel mugs.
And if you adore the sweet characters, the Moomins from Moomin valley, head to the Moomin shop.
You’ll find everything Moomin, including:
- Moomin snacks & food
- Moomin books
- Moomin homewares (including very cute, battery operated Moomin bedside lamps)
- Moomin decor
- Moomin clothing
- Moomin gifts, stationery and more.
Marimekko is probably the most well known Finnish clothing brand. Their iconic patterns and prints are found all over the world, and much loved by design fanatics.
Be sure to pick up Karl Fazer chocolates too.
Santa Claus Holiday Village shops
Heading to the world renowned home of Santa in Rovaniemi, Lapland?
Check out this guide to the best Santa Claus Village shops and what you can buy there as traditional Finnish gifts for family and friends.
No.10: Best Disney Souvenirs
Looking for gorgeous Disney gifts and Disney collectibles?
This guide to the best Disney souvenirs (including unique Disney World souvenirs & Disneyland souvenirs) will solve all your problems.
- Disney ears
- Disney pins
- Disney fashion
- Classic Disney LEGO sets
- Disney autograph books
- Disney kitchenware
- Disney stationery
- Disney plush toys
- UNIQUE Disney gifts and souvenirs you won’t find elsewhere!
PS: Take a look at our guide to the BEST CREATIVE DISNEY WORKSHOPS you can join in at both the parks, online, & in America.
Hot tip: Visit the SHREK Adventure store in London, near the London Eye, for a HUGE selection of Shrek, & How to Train your Dragon Souvenirs!
How to Display Ornaments & Travel Souvenirs
The only problem with shopping till you’ve drop for things to collect when traveling, is what to do with travel souvenirs when you get home?
How do you store them in a way that is aesthetically pleasing, and won’t cause clutter?
Here’s the solution!
(includes ideas on how to start a gorgeous travel collection!)
We are currently writing up our guides to the:
- Best Austria souvenirs
- Best souvenirs from Sweden (& an insiders guide to the IKEA hotel and the IKEA museum!)
- Best souvenirs from Germany
- Greek souvenirs
- Indian souvenirs
- Thailand souvenirs
Bookmark this page so you can check back soon to read these souvenir guides for Europe.
LOOKING FOR MORE TRAVEL TIPS?
Correct at time of publication on Roam the Gnome. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in AUD dollars, unless otherwise stated
Click the blue links below for more travel tips