INSIDE: Visit Eloise and the Plaza Store to enjoy a delicious Eloise afternoon tea, or a poke around the merchandise at the Eloise at the Plaza shop. Updated 2019.
One of the first things on my New York bucket list was to visit the home of the mischievious and fanciful Eloise.
She, the well-known book character famous for her residency in the Penthouse Suite at one of New York’s most expensive and exclusive hotels, the Plaza New York.
The Precocious Plaza Resident!
Eloise is known as the precocious Plaza resident, most likely because she has one particular sentence that she uses as part of her daily vocabulary.
“Charge it please, thank you very much.”
Oh can you imagine the fun one could have!
Eloise is a fun-loving six-year-old girl in New York with a knack for finding adventure every place she looks.
Introduced to the public in Kay Thompson’s Eloise: A book for precocious grown-ups – Eloise’s mischief and antics have delighted readers and visitors of The Plaza since its publication in 1955.
- 1 Eloise Shop at the Plaza
- 2 Eloise at the Plaza Store Location
- 3 Enjoy Eloise Tea at the Plaza
- 4 Eloise at the Plaza Tea Set
- 5 “Rawther Fancy Tea”
- 6 What you’ll find at the Eloise and the Plaza Store.
- 7 The Eloise at the Plaza Gift Shop
- 8 Eloise at the Plaza Merchandise
- 9 MORE Family Events at the Eloise Store
- 10 Eloise Suite at the Plaza New York
- 11 Eloise at the Plaza Living Room
- 12 Eloise Store at the Plaza
- 13 Eloise at the Plaza Store Library Room
- 14 Eloise at the Plaza Store Fashion Room
- 15 Where to eat at the Plaza
- 16 The Inside Scoop – Eloise Shop at the Plaza
- 17 How to get to the Plaza in New York
- 18 Eloise Plaza Map
- 19 Facilities at the Plaza Hotel near the Eloise in the Plaza shop
- 20 Toadstool Rating – Eloise New York
- 21 Looking for MORE Super Fun Things to Do in NEW YORK CITY with Kids?
- 22 Subscribe
- 23 Bookmark Roam the Gnome
Eloise Shop at the Plaza
So the boys and I, with Roam the Gnome in tow, pushed through the double glass doors of the Plaza, as we embarked on our mission of visiting the Plaza hotel.
Heads held high, we strode past elegantly coated doormen, feeling a little like intruders in this fanciful place, to find the Eloise at the Plaza store.
Eloise at the Plaza Store Location
The Eloise and the Plaza store is on the Concourse level of the Plaza Hotel.
Organised in the layout similar to a home, visitors can:
- relax in the stylish Living Room
- play dress up in the Fashion Wardrobe room filled with Eloise costumes
- shop exclusive Eloise branded t-shirts and one-of-a-kind merchandise at the Front entrance.
The Library Room is where Ned plonked himself down to watch a selection of Eloise DVDS. Themed storytime happens in here during Eloise events too.
He also found the miniature pink piano, and belted out quite a few tunes on this before I thought it was time to rein in his enthusiasm.
Lastly, there’s a Tea Room for rawther fancy teas, birthday parties, events and other celebrations.
Enjoy Eloise Tea at the Plaza
The most important question: Can you order an Eloise Pink Hot Chocolate?
But you can enjoy another of Eloise’s rawther delicious beverages. There’s a few to choose from – fancy teas, mint juleps, or a special root beer float.
Dining at the Plaza Hotel Eloise Tea is an opportunity to enjoy a themed tea-time, with custom Eloise teacups and table ware, at the iconic Palm Court.
For over 100 years, The Palm Court has been New York City’s iconic destination for Afternoon Tea, and the Eloise tea at the Plaza takes it next level.
Eloise at the Plaza Tea Set
Book a Eloise at the Plaza Afternoon Tea to drink from the Eloise at the Plaza tea set and tea cup. It’s adorable!
The Eloise Tea children’s menu is served between 12pm and 4.45pm. daily.
How much is Eloise Tea at the Plaza?
The Eloise Afternoon High Tea set is $60 per child, under 12 years old, and includes Raspberry and Vanilla flavored COTTON CANDY!
The Eloise breakfast menu is served from 7am to 11am. The All Day Menu follows from 11am to 10pm.
Eloise at the Plaza menu: The Eloise Tea Menu for Afternoon Tea
Dress Code – Tea at the Plaza Attire? Smart Casual.
Reserve a table: Book here.
“Rawther Fancy Tea”
You can also join the Eloise Team at the Eloise shop every Friday from 4pm-5pm for a Rawther Fancy Tea (reservations required).
To make reservations, please contact the Event Department at Eloise at The Plaza at 212-546-5457.
What you’ll find at the Eloise and the Plaza Store.
Tonnes of Eloise at the Plaza merchandise, that’s what. The most popular Eloise purchases are:
- Eloise books
- Your very own Eloise at the Plaza doll to cuddle at home
- Eloise at the Plaza pyjamas
You can combine the two and buy an Eloise doll and book set for your little ones too.
The Eloise at the Plaza Gift Shop
The gift shop section of the Eloise shop also sells:
- Eloise at the Plaza snowglobes
- Eloise lunch boxes
- Eloise travel goods
- Eloise stationery, fancy pens and postcards
- Eloise at the Plaza DVD sets
- the Eloise and the Plaza movie by Disney
- Eloise puzzles
- Eloise wall decals
And more Eloise merchandise…
- Eloise at the Plaza tea set and plate sets
- Eloise nail polish, and hair combs
- Eloise hair bows and jewellery
- Eloise at Christmastime DVD and books
- Eloise toys
- an Eloise and the Plaza costume
- Eloise birthday party supplies
- an Eloise poster
- an Eloise mug
- Eloise perfume
- Eloise clocks
- Eloise lockets, and charm bracelets
Eloise at the Plaza Merchandise
Pop in to take a peek at the gorgeous Eloise clothing line and accessories at the Eloise and the Plaza store.
You’ll find Eloise at the Plaza clothing including:
- elegant jackets and fur coats for kids
- stylish raincoats
- fabulous gumboots
- summer dresses
- Eloise socks
- pink gloves
- Eloise at the Plaza costume dress up
- Eloise at the Plaza pajamas
- black Mary Janes, just like the ones Eloise wears!
Keep an eye out for their sales! Their goods can be heavily marked down and you can score a pretty bargain.
Before you go, be sure to write a letter to Eloise and pop it in her pink mailbox by the front doors. If you are lucky, you might hear from her via email!
MORE Family Events at the Eloise Store
All of the Eloise at the Plaza’s family events are hosted in the Eloise Shop at the Plaza, located on the concourse level of The Plaza hotel.
Fun things to do with Eloise at the Plaza events include:
- Jewellery Bag designing class
- Paint a Teapot Flower Pot
- Cupcake designing
- and, Rawther Fancy Teas
Click here for the current Eloise at the Plaza Family Events Calendar (Click the EVENTS tab)
To make reservations for Eloise of the Plaza events, please ring up (212) 546-5457 or email [email protected]
Note: All children must be accompanied by a participating adult and advanced registration is required unless otherwise noted.
Eloise Suite at the Plaza New York
Super lucky children with cashed up parents can stay a night in the adorably-themed Eloise Plaza Hotel Suite at the Plaza.
With outrageous and fun décor by celebrated designer Betsey Johnson, the suite features an Eloise-approved palette of pink and black.
There’s a King-size bed with custom Eloise-themed bedding, and the suite includes Eloise books and dolls for you to enjoy.
The highlight? The Eloise room at the Plaza has Eloise’s name in big neon lights on the wall.
Eloise Plaza Hotel NYC inclusions
Seriously though. You also enjoy these inclusions. Who wouldn’t want to stay? I do!
- Eloise tea for two at The Palm Court
- Eloise gift bag with a special tote bag, Eloise robe, a copy of “Eloise at The Plaza,” and other fun Eloise gifts including a USB stick and a framed photo of the guest in the suite!
- $100 gift card to the Eloise at The Plaza store
- Special welcome letter from Eloise
- Welcome sweets and goodies chosen by Eloise and PINK LEMONADE!
Eloise Suite at the Plaza Cost?
At last count, rates for the one-bedroom Eloise Suite at the Plaza start from $1,295/night!
Alternatively, the two-bedroom option with an adjoining grown-up Edwardian suite will set you back a minimum of $2,995/night, champagne and truffles included.
Better start saving.
Eloise at the Plaza Living Room
Eloise Store at the Plaza
Eloise at the Plaza Store Library Room
Eloise at the Plaza Store Fashion Room
Where to eat at the Plaza
The nearest food and drink options to the Eloise at the Plaza shop is the The Plaza Food Hall on the Concourse Level.
Don’t miss it.
Open daily from 8:00AM – 10:00PM.
The Plaza Food Hall has an assortment of restaurants and shops serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and beverages.
The Inside Scoop – Eloise Shop at the Plaza
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of.
- The Eloise at the Plaza store is located at 1 W 58th St, New York, NY 10019, USA
- Eloise at the Plaza gift shop is located on the concourse level of The Plaza. Enter through The Plaza Shops entrance at 58th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues or The Plaza Food Hall entrance at Central Park South between 5th and 6th Avenues and take the escalator downstairs
Telephone: For more information please call (212) 546-5460
Email: [email protected] for more information about Eloise at the Plaza store events and happenings.
Website: Click here
Opening Hours: The Eloise at the Plaza store is open Mon-Sat 10am-8pm and Sunday 11am-6pm
Entry Fees: Free entry.
How to get to the Plaza in New York
- By Bus: Q32 (blue), M1 (red) or M2 (purple) – exit at Madison Av/E 57 St
- By Subway Train: Take the N (yellow) train to 5 Av Subway Station
- On Foot: 30 minutes from the Empire State Building
- By Car/Taxi/Uber: Exit at W 58th St and 5th Avenue
Parking: Many parking garages are available nearby.
Eloise Plaza Map
Facilities at the Plaza Hotel near the Eloise in the Plaza shop
Toilets: Yes, including baby change table
Disability access: Yes.
Closest ATM: In the Plaza Hotel
Closest playground: Heckscher Playground is 5 minutes walk away
This shop was last reviewed in 2019.
Toadstool Rating – Eloise New York
A must do New York attraction for girls and boys.
Looking for MORE Super Fun Things to Do in NEW YORK CITY with Kids?
Click the blue links below.
Bookmark Roam the Gnome
This article may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a booking or purchase after clicking on one of these links on Roam the Gnome™, we may receive a small affiliate commission at NO extra cost to you.
Roam the Gnome™ is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Thank you in advance for your support in helping us to grow Roam the Gnome Family Travel™ Website Directory