INSIDE: Roam the Gnome’s Guide to The Best Kids Activities Gold Coast. Updated 2019.
The Gold Coast is Australia’s number one destination for families. It’s a no brainer.
The Gold Coast has it all.
Warm, sunny, glorious weather.
Wide open beaches with golden sand and turquoise waves.
ALL the best Australian theme parks.
And a backdrop of green space to go bush walking, mountain climbing, and shopping in cooler temperatures up in the mountain gallery spaces.
Take a look at the best kids activities Gold Coast style.
Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links. If you book a product or service after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
- 1 Where to stay on the Gold Coast with Kids
- 2 Getting around the Gold Coast
- 4 Eating on the Gold Coast with Kids
- 5 Things to do on the Gold Coast with Kids
- 6 Gold Coast Trampoline Parks
- 7 Where to swim on the Gold Coast
- 9 Where to shop on the Gold Coast
- 11 Cool Playgrounds on the Gold Coast
- 12 Visit a Beachside Playground on the Gold Coast
- 13 See Animals on the Gold Coast
- 14 Indoor Play Centres on the Gold Coast
- 15 Gold Coast Events
Where to stay on the Gold Coast with Kids
Turtle Beach Resort Gold Coast
Turtle Beach Resort Gold Coast is our top pick of family resorts on the Gold Coast.
Check latest prices. Read full review.
Diamond Beach Resort Broadbeach
Diamond Beach Resort at Broadbeach is another great family hotel on the Gold Coast.
Check latest prices. Read full review.
Getting around the Gold Coast
Click here to read our comprehensive overview of getting around the Gold Coast.
Eating on the Gold Coast with Kids
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in AUD dollars.
- Our number one family-friendly restaurant in Broadbeach is the Aztec Mexican
- Southport Sharks is a popular local’s club with kids menus and a kids club!
- Harajuku Gyoza in Broadbeach Mall serves beer and dumplings, and for dessert – wait for it – try NUTELLA GYOZA.
- The Fish Hut in Burleigh Heads has the best crunchy chips on the Gold Coast
- Pancakes on the Rocks has food to suit the fussiest of eaters. They’ve now moved from Mermaid Beach. Check the post for details.
- Visit Gelato Messina in the Strand Shopping Mall in Coolangatta for the best gelato around. (They even make a TOADSTOOL birthday cake!)
Check back soon for more yummy places to eat with Kids on the Gold Coast.
Things to do on the Gold Coast with Kids
- Start here: Here’s our big list of the TOP 20 Things to do on the Gold Coast with kids.
- Tabatinga Tweed Heads is at Seagulls Leagues Club. It has a glow-in-the-dark putt putt golf AND a ‘balladium’. Book a visit. This place is an unexpected surprise.
- Be baffled by the bizarre and wonderful at Ripleys Surfers Paradise – there’s heaps of hands-on activities and games for kids inside!
- Visit Planet Chill Ice Skating to get out of the heat
- Take the kids to this junior bike riding track at Southport
- Visit HOTA at Bundall and join in all the kids activities every school holiday and some weekends too. (We loved the Playschool Presenters 50th Birthday Exhibition a while back. Was SO cool to to see the ‘windows’ in real life!). HOTA (formerly the Gold Coast Arts Centre) has LOTS of live shows on offer for their kids program too. Jack and I watched the Peppa Pig Gold Coast show in their elegant theatre. This year, we’re watching The Gruffalo, and Possum Magic live on stage.
- Lots of people ask us ‘Is there anything to do for toddlers at Movie World?’ We say yes. Find out why!
- Fancy doing something a little different and out there? Why not try Mother and Child floating meditation pod classes? You’ll have fun swinging from the ceiling while you unwind from the busy days.
Gold Coast Trampoline Parks
- Springloaded trampoline park is our favourite place to hang out in school holidays.
- Take the kids to BOUNCE Inc Trampoline Park & X-Park Parkour Zone
Where to swim on the Gold Coast
- Tallebudgera Beach is the Number One beach for families on the Gold Coast – it’s magical
- Southport ‘rock pools’ is the best splash pad water park on the Goldie.
- Everything you need to know about AQUA SPLASH Gold Coast
- Go for a cool dip at Mt Cougall National Park rock pools. BYO picnic lunch.
- Currumbin Rock Pools are a local institution for an afternoon swim. It gets busy, so either go really early, or late late afternoon.
Where to shop on the Gold Coast
- Robina Town Centre has a giant TOY SHOP called Toymate Superstore – pop by for bargains galore.
- When you are shopping at Robina Town Centre, there’s an indoor playground called Rainforest Play when the kids need a break
- There’s another play space at Robina Town Centre shops too. It’s called Tree Top Play sits on the first floor, opposite the entrance to Toymate.
- Click here to find out how to get to Robina Town Centre?
Cool Playgrounds on the Gold Coast
- Slide down the GIANT slippery dip at the Parklake Park Pacific Pines Playground
- Visit the revamped playground at the Gold Coast Botanic Gardens Benowa
- There’s a super high slippery dip at the Lions Park playground in Helensvale
- Paradise Point parklands playground has an old-school ‘horse’ carousel spinner ride
- Westfield Helensvale shopping centre on the northern end of the Gold Coast has an epic indoor outdoor playground for kids of all ages, with a monster sized slide. It’s the best shopping centre play area on the Goldie for sure.
Visit a Beachside Playground on the Gold Coast
- The Pirate Park playground in Palm Beach is Gold Coast’s best playground. It’s great for a Pirate Party!
- Burleigh Heads playground has one of those egg-spinner rides!
- Try the Broadbeach All Abilities playground near Kurrawa surf club
- Let the kids play lifeguards at the Tallebudgera Surf Club playground
- Try to balance on a giant ‘thong’ rocker at this North Burleigh kids playground on the Gold Coast
- Kirra Beach playground has views of the best surfing break on the Gold Coast (Keep an eye out for Mick Fanning here)
- Coolangatta is our favourite place on the southern end of the coast. This Coolangatta playground is on the beachfront opposite the shopping mall.
See Animals on the Gold Coast
- 17 Epic Things to do at Currumbin Bird Sanctuary with kids
- Feed the pelicans at Ray Pascoe park in Tweed Heads
Indoor Play Centres on the Gold Coast
- Abrakidazzle indoor play centre is the largest on the Gold Coast
- Yard Apes indoor play centre is Circus themed.
- Kidz N Play indoor play centre in Robina has a cafe on site. It’s a smaller one than most, but super clean and well organised. Great for toddlers and preschoolers.
Gold Coast Events
- Monster Machinery Day is the day when the Gold Coast city council brings out all the big machines and trucks and lets the kids play on them for one special day a year. We LOVE this event!
- The Gold Coast City Council runs Active and Healthy activities all year round, but the best ones for kids are held during the school holiday breaks. Anyone can join in the FREE fun! Book a session or two. Click here to learn more about Active and Healthy Gold Coast.