INSIDE: Roam the Gnome’s Guide to the cute North Burleigh Playground Gold Coast.
Looking for playgrounds in Burleigh on the Gold Coast?
This surf-themed playground is our favourite.
It has a THONG!
A thong-shaped wobble balance board.
You can’t get more Aussie than this.
Read all the details of this fun Gold Coast playground for kids, including how to get there, below.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
North Burleigh Kids Playground Gold Coast
This locals playground next to the beach pathway at North Burleigh is super fun for kids 2-10.
We LOVE the themed playground equipment here.
Equipment at this North Burleigh Playground Gold Coast
The surf and sea themed playground features:
- surf board rock climbing wall
- rope scramble nets
- giant sunglasses mirrors
Gold Coast Lifeguard Towers
There’s Two lifeguard towers with a suspension bridge between them.
Slides and ladders
- multiple slides
- climbing ladders
- dune buggy car to patrol the beaches
- multiple swings in a round configuration (instead of a line)
Burleigh Fish and Chips
Best of all, it has a FISH AND CHIP SHOP!
With weighing scales, and a cash register.
He did it!
THE INSIDE SCOOP: North Burleigh Heads Park
Correct at time of publication on Roam the Gnome. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in AUD dollars, unless otherwise stated
Address: Reg Chesters Park is on the corner of The Esplanade and Fifth Avenue, Burleigh Heads QLD.
Hot tip: The playground is beachfront on the same avenue as the Burleigh McDonalds.
Opening Hours: Sunrise to sunset
Entry Fees: Free
How to get to North Burleigh
North Burleigh is located 300 metres south of Nobby Beach.
- Translink buses run along the Gold Coast Highway through Burleigh.
- Find your way with Translink’s journey planner
By foot or bike: You can walk or ride a bike along flat wide pathways from Burleigh Heads or Nobbys Beach.
By car: Click here for google map directions
North Burleigh Parking
Free street parking in front of playground
There is also a car park at the North Burleigh surf club and plenty of on-street parking available in the surrounding areas.
Map of Esplanade Playground North Burleigh
Nearest takeaway coffee and/or food options:
- The very popular Paddock Bakery and the Commune Cafe are both on the opposite side of the Gold Coast highway.
- Grab a quick soft serve at Burleigh Heads McDonalds, just 50 metres away.
Toilets: A short walk away.
Disability access: Limited
Enclosed: Yes, fully fenced
Ground cover: Sand
Picnic tables: No. BYO picnic blanket.
Electric BBQs: No. BBQs can be found along the esplanade.
Water Bubblers/fountains: Yes
Scooters and Bikes: Yes, the bike path is next to the Burleigh playground.
Toadstool Rating – Fun Gold Coast playgrounds
If you are in Burleigh with kids, worth a visit.
MORE Things to do in Burleigh Heads Queensland with Kids
Check out this list of Burleigh Heads things to do.
- Go window shopping in James Street and try one of the cool cafes in Burleigh in the area
- Check out the playground at Justins Park Burleigh Heads
- Eat lunch at Govindas Burleigh Heads (order the kofta balls!)
- Swim at Burleigh Beach with the local community
- Take a bushwalk through Burleigh Heads National Park to Tallebudgera Beach (the best beach on the Gold Coast for kids)
- Check out the Tallebudgera Surf Club playground (it’s a further five minutes walk)
- If it’s a weekend, travel to the Village markets, or the Burleigh Heads farmers market, both held at Burleigh Heads state school
- Check out the Burleigh Art and Craft Markets on the beachfront (once a month)
- Eat pizza at Justin Lane rooftop bar
- Check out the op shops along the Gold Coast Highway
- Try the famous Rick Shores bug roll
- Take a tour with the Jellurgal Cultural Centre to learn more about Indigenous history of Burleigh Heads
- Pack a picnic of healthy snacks (tip – there’s details of how to make a gourmet chocolate charcuterie board in the link) and head to North Burleigh headland to join the throngs of people enjoying the ocean views
- Or buy fish and chips from Burleigh Heads Fishmongers on James Street, and do the same with your little kids!
Looking for more Gold Coast attractions for kids?
Click the blue links below for more Gold Coast ideas