INSIDE: Meet Roam the Gnome Family Travel Bloggers!
Konnichi wa. Ciao. Ni hao. Bonjour!
Thank you for stopping by ROAM THE GNOME™ Family Travel Website.
We’re working hard towards our goal of becoming the only Family Travel Website you need to plan and book YOUR next trip!
We love to travel, and share our tips with like-minded people.
There’s four of us family travel bloggers:
- my sons Ned and Jack
- our cute red-hatted companion Roam the Gnome,
- and me.
I’m Amber, the one behind the keyboard and the camera, documenting our adventures to help other families just like us.
Read more about our adventures, and potentially yours, below.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
- 1 How to Travel the World on a Budget
- 2 The Ultimate Family Travel Website Resource
- 3 Featured: Australia Travel Blog
- 4 Family Travel Bloggers from Australia
- 5 Featured: Byron Bay Tourism & Destination Gold Coast
- 6 Search by City Destinations around the world
- 7 The Good, the Bad and the Ugly side of Travel
- 8 Most Popular Posts on Family Travel
- 9 A Collection of our Best Travel Tips
- 10 Get Social
- 11 The Ultimate Guides to our Favourite Cities
- 12 Happy travels!
How to Travel the World on a Budget
You can find out more about our family and why I love to travel with kids here.
We travel as much as we can, on a budget, and around normal life commitments such as school and family, on our mission to see all parts of this world.
Travel is the best kind of education, and we adore it.
If I can travel with kids on a budget, so can you!
Our last trip was a six week Europe adventure, culminating in a visit to the real life SANTA in Finnish Lapland!
We started in Singapore, then spent a week in London, popped over to Paris Disneyland for a few days, followed by a month travelling around Europe, visiting German Christmas markets, Copenhagen, Vienna, Prague, Stockholm and Helsinki.
Before catching the overnight sleeper train to Rovaniemi to Santa Claus Holiday Village!
The Ultimate Family Travel Website Resource
Correct at time of publication on Roam the Gnome. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in the currency stated.
Roam the Gnome Family Travel Bloggers Website™ is jam-packed with information about travelling with kids to these places listed below (in no particular order)
We love parts of them all.
No.2: The UK
No.5: New Zealand
Featured: Australia Travel Blog
We also feature LOTS of stories about our own home country of origin, Australia.
Australia is an awesome, safe country to travel with kids.
Why we love Oz?
- there’s loads of free camping spots along the coastline
- taking road trips is a national past time
- the beaches are clean and gorgeous
- the wildlife is hilarious, and
- in many parts of Australia, it feels like summer all year round!
Family Travel Bloggers from Australia
We share the best things to do in Australia with kids, including:
- information on the best places to stay, family hotels in Australia, and family accommodation
- where to eat with kids in Australia
- the best family restaurants in Australia
- awesome family activities to experience
- super fun playgrounds in Australia to visit
- epic kid-friendly museums and art galleries
- family-friendly tours in Australia
- the best beaches in Australia for kids,
- and the Australian attractions you must not miss on your vacation
Roam the Gnome Family Travel Website really is a one-stop shop for all things family travel.
Let us help you BOOK YOUR NEXT TRIP!
READ MORE: Check out our Roam the Gnome Family Travel™ City Guides
Featured: Byron Bay Tourism & Destination Gold Coast
We live 10 minutes north of Byron Bay, and about 30 minutes south of the Gold Coast – Australia’s tourism capital.
No.1: Gold Coast
The GC is home of the theme parks including Dreamworld, Seaworld, Wet’n’Wild water park, Movie World.
The Gold Coast is also the location of TWO outstanding reptile and bird parks
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
- Fleays Fauna Centre, and
There’s one animal park, Paradise Country near Movie world.
The much loved Outback Spectacular pioneering horse show is here too.
See below for details.
No.2: Byron Bay
Byron Bay is the instagrammer’s dream destination in Australia.
The most easterly point of Australia attracts visitors from around the world who come to:
- relax and recuperate on the immaculate Byron Bay beaches
- watch whales and ocean life from the Byron lighthouse
- take a yoga or meditation class (or three)
- join in a circus workshop
- shop for rainbows, tumeric coloured linen dresses, hippie clothes, and Spell fashion, and
- bush walk in the rainforests not far away.
Foodies long to visit the farmers markets throughout the region (there’s a different one each day).
Or you can come to eat all the famous Byron food: vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, Mexican, locavore, AND all the bowls – smoothie bowls, acai bowls, and poke bowls too.
It’s a hot spot of good coffee too.
Our home is the ideal base between TWO of the most popular destinations for families in Australia.
See below for details.
Search by City Destinations around the world
There are hundreds and hundreds of articles on Roam the Gnome Family Travel™ website, so here’s a bit of help to get started.
- Pick your dream country, and your target city destination.
- Click the link in the menu bar
- This will open up a full page of up to date stories, and things to do in X city.
All that’s left to do is make a cuppa, and start scrolling through the list to build your chosen itinerary.
Here’s a shortcut to all the countries and cities on the website.
*Kyoto and Osaka coming soon!
*Disney Cruises, & Hawaii Aulani Resort – coming soon!
Hot tip: Check out these popular Disney stories:
And the ultimate Disney tips collection.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly side of Travel
Travel is NOT all fun and games.
Long airplane journeys suck.
(Except if you have a skycouch on Air New Zealand and can lie down to sleep.)
So does being stuck somewhere you don’t want to be, without a room for the night.
Or waiting at an airport departure lounge, with a tired, grumpy toddler and nowhere for them to run around.
Or coping with a screaming toddler while in the queue to drop your luggage, or a grumpy teen with a flat phone battery.
We all have HORROR STORIES from a family trip, as well as the trophy moments.
Have a read of some of our classic travel stories here.
Most Popular Posts on Family Travel
Our most popular posts on family travel can be found below:
- How to save money for travel – Our best tips for reducing expenses, AND 11 ways to earn more money!
- 10 reasons we love to plan family travel
- The Ultimate Family Travel Packing checklist
- Why we NEVER travel without Travel Insurance
- Our most popular suggested itineraries
- How to book the best accommodation at the right price
- Our favourite Disney Hotels
- The Ultimate List of the Best Family Resorts Around the Globe
- Our Top 5 Best Accommodation Booking Sites
- Epic Tours and Attractions tickets you need in your life!
- Flying with kids
- What is the best age to travel with kids?
- How to travel to Tokyo for 10 days with 2 kids for under $5000 including flights (and TWO days at Disney!)
- How to make a budget for family travel
Don’t put off your bucket list of world travel for one day. Start saving and go!
A Collection of our Best Travel Tips
- Our Tips for Family Travels with Carry On Luggage only
- Awesome Travel Books you should be reading
- The Best Travel Luggage to last the distance
- The Best Travel Products for Family Travel
- Our guide to the Best Travel Stroller
- Our Big List of Useful Family Travel Tips including helpful guidance from full time family travelers
- Epic Travel Hacks to save your sanity and the Latest Travel News from Around the World
- Does the Ergo top the list of the Best Baby Carriers for travelling families?
I can talk travel ALL DAY LONG, and I love to make new friends who are equally obsessed, as well as chat with people who are just starting their “travel with kids” journey.
Join us for more awesome travel inspiration and tips on:
We welcome you to join our Family Travel Bloggers Facebook groups to share your ideas, tips and seek answers to your questions too.
You can also email me directly with any questions you may have. I love to hear from you.
Reach out to [email protected]
The Ultimate Guides to our Favourite Cities
Want to get started?
These are more of our favourite cities to travel with kids.
- Best Things to Do in NEW YORK with Kids
- Best Things to Do in NEW ZEALAND with Kids
- Best Things to Do in ROME with Kids
- PARIS Points of Interest for Kids and Families
- Best Things to Do in TOKYO with Kids
- Best Things to Do in BALI with Kids
- Best Things to Do in HONG KONG with Kids
From your world travel family, Amber and team. xx