INSIDE: Everything you need to know about Gold Coast Southport Sharks Buffet dining with kids
Eating dinner in peace while on holiday?
Gold Coast Southport Sharks has the solution!
We are always on the lookout for great places to eat with kids that offer REAL FOOD, and this place fits the bill.
Gold Coast Southport Sharks offers family friendly eating with a difference!
Order dinner, let the kids play in Wobbygongs Kids Fun Zone while they wait, and let them go back to play once they are done.
Then eat your dinner in peace.
It’s a win win for everyone.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you. Main image credit: Southport Sharks
Guide to Frenzy’s Cafe Southport Sharks
Southport Sharks Club is one of the largest and most successful clubs on the Gold Coast and in Queensland, with two bars, three lounge bars, two restaurants, a café and more.
Their Frenzy restaurant is one restaurant on the Gold Coast with a better than average kids menu.
You can also order a la carte dishes for both adults and kids, or head to the buffet and eat to your heart’s content.
RELATED: Big List of Things to do on the Gold Coast with kids
Image credit: Vidal Balielo Jr via Pexels
Southport Sharks Buffet Menu
The Gold Coast Southport Sharks buffet is full of awesome choices for both kids and adults including:
- Italian Pizzas
- Salads & steamed vegetables
- Chicken Schnitzel
- Roast of the Day with hearty gravy
- Bread rolls & bakery items
- International dishes such as Wild Mushroom Nasi Goreng and Asian specialities
The Dessert station has cakes, slices, fruit salad, ice-cream, waffle cones, lolly toppers, jelly,
and soft serve ice cream too!
The Sharks Dining Menu on this all you can eat Southport buffet is quite something.
Image credit: Southport Sharks
Wobbygongs at Southport Sharks !
The best reason for a family to visit Gold Coast Southport Sharks?
There’s one thing that this place has that other restaurants don’t.
It’s called Wobbygongs Kids Fun Zone!
Wobbygongs is a godsend for parents needing a bit of time-out from the normal routine of restaurant-eating scenarios.
The ones where we order, and then have to spend the next 45 minutes or so wait time alternating between entertaining the kids and cajoling/bribing/disciplining them to behave properly while other people nearby our table eat.
Wobbygongs gives us a breather and time for a bit of adult conversation, while the kids do what kids do best.
The kids are invited to order their meal, and can then go hang out in the purpose-built play area, with:
- a rock climbing wall
- mini basketball court
- play stations
- drawing tables and activity area
- home corner play area
- two theatrettes showcasing the latest movies and television.
When meals are ready, children are given a 30 minute meal break to eat, but can return to play with their new friends while you linger over desserts and after-dinner coffee or tea treats.
Wobbygongs opening hours
- Friday and Saturday from 5pm to 10pm
- Sunday from 12pm to 9pm
Call reception on (07) 5532 1155 to book.
Children 3 years to 12 years inclusive.
(Children must be toilet trained.)
Children under 3 are permitted but must be accompanied by an adult, who must remain with the child at all times.
- Junior Sharks Members $4.50 per hour
- Non-Junior Sharks $6.50 per hour
THE INSIDE SCOOP: Southport Sharks Buffet at Frenzy’s
**Currently Unavailable in 2020**
Southport Sharks Restaurant opening hours
Frenzy’s is open for dinner from 5:30pm 7 days a week!
Southport Sharks buffet prices
Monday to Thursday:
- $32.90 Members
- $35.90 Guests
- Child 5-12 years $14 member, $16 guests.
Hot tip: Children aged 12 years and under eat FREE on Mondays, with every full paying adult buffet purchased.
Friday to Sunday and Public Holidays:
- $35.90 Members
- $35.90 Guests
- Child 5-12 years $16 member, $18 guests
Southport Sharks Buffet discount voucher
Search Shop-a-docket for Southport shark buffet coupons.
The coupon lets you save up to $12 off normal prices.
You can also check Groupon and Scoopon for Southport Sharks buffet discount coupons before you book.
Image credit: Lukas via Pexels
THE INSIDE SCOOP: Eating at Southport Sharks Food Court
Correct at time of publication on Roam the Gnome. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in Australian dollars, unless otherwise stated
Address: Corner of Musgrave and Olsen Ave, Southport QLD
Telephone: 07 5532 1155
Website: Click here
How to get to Southport Sharks Football Club
By G link:
- Sharks is located in short walking distance from the Gold Coast University Hospital and Griffith University stops. The service runs from Helensvale to Broadbeach South.
- Please visit G-Link for all stop locations and timetables.
By Car: Travelling from Gold Coast Airport (38km)
- Travel north on Gold Coast Highway for approximately 8 minutes and take the M1 exit.
- Continue to travel north on M1 for approximately 20 minutes, take exit 66 and follow the signs to Smith Street.
- Continue on Smith Street in left lane and take the exist turning left onto Olsen Avenue.
- Continue on Olsen Avenue and then turn right onto Musgrave Avenue.
By Car: Travelling from Surfers Paradise (8.5km)
- Travel north-west on Gold Coast Hwy. In 5.5km turn left onto Stevens Street.
- Continue onto Musgrave Ave.
- Turn left onto Olsen Avenue Turn and right into Musgrave Avenue.
Southport Sharks parking
There are over 500 FREE car parks for Southport Sharks members & guests.
Map of Southport Sharks Club
Toadstool Rating: Sharks Southport Buffet
Buffet prices are rising rapidly, so it’s not as good value as it once was, but still value for money.
They also have a value lunch menu which is good on the pocket.
Looking for Gold Coast attractions for Kids?
Click the blue links for more Gold Coast ideas: