INSIDE: Planet Chill Ice Skating in Surfers Paradise.
Looking to escape the heat of a Gold Coast summer day?
Or wanting to find an indoor activity for kids on a rainy day on the Gold Coast?
Head to Planet Chill Ice Skating at Paradise Resort in Surfers Paradise for a few hours of REAL icy fun.
Planet Chill Ice Skating Rink is open to the public. (All other attractions at Paradise Resort are for in-house guests only)
Read all the details including how to get here and how to book below.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
- 1 Guide to Planet Chill Ice Skating Rink
- 2 Things to do at Planet Chill Surfers Paradise Resort
- 3 Things to do on Rainy Days on the Gold Coast
- 4 Family Disco Nights at Planet Chill Gold Coast
- 5 THE INSIDE SCOOP: Planet Chill Ice Skating Gold Coast
- 6 How to get to Planet Chill
- 7 Planet Chill Ice Skate Rink Map
- 8 Facilities – Ice Skating Paradise Resort
- 9 Paradise Resort Gold Coast Deals
- 10 Toadstool Rating – Paradise Resort Ice Skating
- 11 Looking for More Things to Do on the Gold Coast with Kids?
Guide to Planet Chill Ice Skating Rink
Book in for an iceskating session (or two) at Planet Chill ice skating rink.
Kids 3 and up, and their parents, can join in a two-hour session.
There’s helpful penguins on standby to help beginner skaters and younger kids.
They are free to use too.
Bring a jumper and long pants. Planet Chill at Paradise Resort is cold.
Hire Ice Skates
Socks are required and must be worn with the skates.
The smallest skates are a Junior size 12.
For toddlers and young kids, there’s a special strap-on skate with two blades that help with balance. Closed in shoes must be worn with the strap on skates, otherwise entry on to the ice will not be permitted.
Be the DJ and choose the music!
Things to do at Planet Chill Surfers Paradise Resort
Skate, fall down, get back up again, and groove to funky disco music.
You can even play DJ and pick your favourite songs.
Ice Hockey on ice
Join in a game of ice hockey if can stand up long enough.
Head to the tables in the Chill Out zone for a snack, and to do some colouring in when kids need a break.
Teens will love the Chill Zone full of fun arcade games, including:
- air hockey
- foos ball
- snowboarding, and
- lounges to watch the action.
Things to do on Rainy Days on the Gold Coast
Looking for things to do on a rainy day in Surfers Paradise?
This all-weather attraction is the place to go.
Skates and helmets included in the price.
Family Disco Nights at Planet Chill Gold Coast
Grab your skates and join the fun in Planet Chill at the “Family Disco” nights.
Running from 6 to 8pm on Fridays and Saturdays, there’s prizes to be won and games including ice-hockey and Marco Polo.
THE INSIDE SCOOP: Planet Chill Ice Skating Gold Coast
Correct at time of publication on Roam the Gnome. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in AUD dollars, unless otherwise stated
Address: Planet Chill is located inside Paradise Paradise Resort Gold Coast, on the 2nd floor above reception. The address is 122 Ferny Avenue Surfers Paradise.
Telephone: 1800 074 111
Planet Chill Opening Hours
- Check the website for scheduled two-hour sessions.
- These change daily.
Planet Chill Entry Fees
- $20 per skater aged 6 years to adult.
- $10 per skater aged 3 years to 5 years (Children 5 years and under must be accompanied on the ice by a skating adult.)
- Spectators free.
- Children 0-2 years of age are not permitted on the ice.
- Purchase 3 tickets, get one free – Family Pass $60
Sessions are limited to 50 people so prebook to avoid disappointment.
Planet Chill Discount Tickets
Sign up to the Paradise Resort newsletter to be notified of upcoming deals.
Also, check Scoopon and Groupon Gold Coast, Haven Magazine, and the Families Magazine.
How to get to Planet Chill
By Tram: Planet Chill is located approx 280 metres (4min walk) from the Surfers Paradise North light rail station.
By Bus: Surfside Buses travel along the Gold Coast Highway to Surfers Paradise. Disembark at Paradise Resort in Surfers Paradise.
By Car: Click here for google map directions
Paradise Resort Parking
- Undercover car parking is available at the resort for $15* per car per day however spaces are limited and often reserved by resort guests.
- Parking permits can be purchased based on availability through reception only upon arrival and must be clearly displayed on the dashboard at all times.
- Failure to display a valid permit may result in your car being towed at your own expense.
Surfers Paradise parking
- The next closest public car-park is approximately 600 metres away on the corner of Cypress Avenue.
- Paid parking charges apply.
Planet Chill Ice Skate Rink Map
Facilities – Ice Skating Paradise Resort
Nearest takeaway coffee and/or food options: BYO snacks.
Toilets: Yes including baby change table
Paradise Resort Gold Coast Deals
Paradise Resort is one of the Gold Coast’s top family resorts, so you might want to book a 3,5 or 7 night stay.
Check Discover Queensland for current deals.
Toadstool Rating – Paradise Resort Ice Skating
It’s not the most atmospheric of places, and a little grotty if truth be told, but it’s one of the only ice skating rinks left on the Gold Coast and the kids will not see anything but fun.
Reward yourself with an ice cream in Surfers Paradise afterwards!
Looking for More Things to Do on the Gold Coast with Kids?
Click the blue links below for more Gold Coast tips.