INSIDE: Roam the Gnome’s Guide to awesome and unique things to do in NYC with kids in tow. Updated 2019.
Looking for UNIQUE things to do in NYC with kids?
That’s what we hunt for too.
Take a look at our collection of ideas for one-of-a-kind New York attractions for families and kids below.
- fun places to go in NYC
- fun things to do in NYC with kids
- things to do in NYC with toddlers
- iconic New York city points of interest
UNIQUE THINGS TO DO IN NYC WITH KIDS
We invite you to:
- read our stories about the off-the-beaten-track things to do in NYC with kids
- watch our videos
- gather tonnes of useful tips to help plan your family vacation itinerary, and
- find all the information you need about visiting NEW YORK with Kids.
We also guarantee that Roam the Gnome Family Travel Blog will help save you time, stress & money when planning to BOOK YOUR NEXT TRIP to New York City for kids!
Family Accommodation in New York City
Super Fun Hotels in NYC
- Details coming soon!
Budget Family Hotels in New York
Eating in New York City with Kids
Wondering where to go and what to do in New York when the hunger hits?
- Kids tired and hungry? Visit Speedy’s for a quick takeout meal & a fresh juice drink
- The Top 5 Fun Restaurants for Kids in NYC
- 5 Unbearably Good Sweet Treats You Must Eat in New York
Shopping in New York City
- Buy up big at the The Lego Store at Rockefeller Center PICK’n’MIX wall!
- Feed your Sweet Tooth at the famous Dylan’s Candy Bar, New York
- Buy cool NYC souvenirs at the FDNY Fire Zone attraction
The Biggest Toy Shop in New York City
Destination: New York with Kids
Getting around New York City
UNIQUE MUST VISIT FAMILY ATTRACTIONS in New York City
This is our collection of the best UNIQUE things to do in NYC.
- Do not go to New York without THIS pass
- 9 Super Cool Fun Things to do in Brooklyn Bridge Park with kids
- 7 Fun Things to do at the Brooklyn Bridge for Kids
- The Ultimate Guide to the Empire State Building with Kids
- Enjoy Brunch with your American Girl Doll – it’s a very American thing to do!
- Visit the Eloise at the Plaza store to see how the other half live
- Should you take the kids to the 911 Memorial Museum in NYC? Here’s what we think.
UNIQUE Playgrounds in New York City
Visit New York playgrounds if you are looking for UNIQUE things to do in NYC. Most tourists and visitors to New York skip these, but there are some awesome playgrounds in New York if you know where to look.
Check them out!
- Explore stone forts and tunnels at the popular Heckscher Park Playground in Central Park
- There’s an Epic Stone Slippery Dip at Billy Johnson Playground in Central Park – BYO cardboard!
- Climb the Giant Scramble Nets at Rockefeller Park Playground NYC
- Visit Pier 51 Playground – it’s one of NYC’s Top 25
- There’s views for days for at Pier 25 Playground on the Hudson River
- This cool Loose Parts playground in NYC is one of a kind!
- Diana Ross Playground in Central Park is a timber fort adventure!
- Lincoln Playground in Prospect Park has water-spouting frog sculptures
- Hang out with locals at the Rudin Family Playground in Central Park
- We visited Vanderbilt Playground in Brooklyn after it snowed!
MORE Central Park New York City
Here’s a few alternative things to do in New York if you are wandering Central Park
- Central Park is where you’ll find the famous Alice in Wonderland Statue
- There’s a Hans Christian Andersen statue in Central Park
- The Stuart Little Movie filmed a famous scene at this cool boat-sailing pond in Central Park
UNIQUE NYC Museums for Kids
- The Children’s Museum of Manhattan is our NUMBER ONE place to visit in New York with kids
- 6 Epic Reasons to visit Brooklyn Children’s Museum with kids
- Kids can “dig” for bones at the Discovery Room, Museum of Natural History New York
- 4 Fun things to do at Children’s Corner in Prospect Park Brooklyn
- Discovery Garden at Brooklyn Botanic Garden is just for kids
- There’s a Marvel Superhero 4D Movie at Madame Tussauds in NY
Zoos in New York
Times Square New York City
Here’s one of the most UNIQUE things to do in NYC with a Gnome! Get him on the kiss cam in Times Square. We did it!
UNIQUE Art & Design in NYC
Roam the Gnome™ is a one-stop shop for SUPER DOOPER FUN ideas & activities for family travel in America with Kids.
Bookmark Roam the Gnome
This article may contain affiliate links. This means if you make a booking or purchase after clicking on one of these links on Roam the Gnome™, we may receive a small affiliate commission at NO extra cost to you.
Roam the Gnome™ is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Thank you in advance for your support in helping us to grow Roam the Gnome Family Travel™ Website Directory