INSIDE: The Ultimate Guide to the most fun trampoline games with balls for young and old.
In our guide of games to play on trampoline, you’ll find the 11 most fun backyard trampoline games with balls for kids and family.
(Some can be played at trampoline parks too)
- trampoline games to play with beach balls
- fun games with tennis balls
- classic trampoline games reimagined
- unique games with balls that can be played on a trampoline too!
Check them out in our big list below.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
- 1 THE INSIDE SCOOP: THE BEST TRAMPOLINE GAMES WITH BALLS
- 2 No.1: Trampoline Basketball Game
- 3 In need of a trampoline upgrade for basketball?
- 4 No.2: Trampoline Paddle Ball Set
- 5 No.3: Trampoline Tennis
- 6 No.4: Fun Cup Pong Game
- 7 No.5: Volleyball Trampoline
- 8 No.6: Bouncing Air Catch Trampoline Game
- 9 No.7: Soccer Trampoline (Alt: Trampoline Football)
- 10 No.8: Handball Trampoline Game
- 11 No.9: Poison Ball Trampoline Game
- 12 No.10: Spike Ball Trampoline Game
- 13 No.11: Best Trampoline Ball Pit
- 14 MORE Fun Trampoline Games to Play with Kids!
- 15 Looking for MORE Trampoline Activities?
THE INSIDE SCOOP: THE BEST TRAMPOLINE GAMES WITH BALLS
Correct at time of publication on Roam the Gnome. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in US dollars, unless otherwise stated. Play these trampoline games at your own risk and consider the risks before you commence. Check with your local health practitioner if necessary. All care but no responsibility taken.
No.1: Trampoline Basketball Game
How do you play basketball on a trampoline on a backyard trampoline?
Follow the rules of SlamBall, but instead of a team, this is the best of trampoline games for 2, sharing a hoop.
- Start with a bounce off – one player bounces the ball into the air.
- Then each player aims to score as many points as they can by taking control of the ball, and then doing tricks to keep it in their hands, before throwing it through the hoop without the opponent touching the ball.
- A successful shot where the opponent touches the ball is worth one point.
- A successful shot without interference is worth two points.
- A slam dunk in trampoline basketball games is worth three points.
- The person with the most points at the end of 20 minutes wins!
This is top of our list of awesome trampoline games.
It’s also likely to be one of the most competitive trampoline games around!
You can also play variations with children:
- dunking competitions where a trampoline jump must start behind a particular line (draw these in chalk on the mat)
- dunking challenge with your eyes closed, or
- one person gives instructions to others on what move to do, using Simon Says
Best Trampoline with Basketball Hoop?
For this game, you’ll need a trampoline with a basketball hoop.
People often ask, can you add a basketball hoop to a trampoline?
Our favorite basketball net for trampoline play and the best trampoline basketball hoop we’ve found so far is the VULY trampoline basketball hoop
We rate this one as the best trampoline basketball hoop because it comes with:
- a soft mini-basketball AND
- a hand pump included.
Universal basketball hoop for trampoline
Other than VULY, what is the best basketball hoop for trampoline?
The Jump Slammer trampoline basketball hoop is easy to install and includes a foam ball too.
This one comes with a pole, hoop and backboard and fits all major trampoline brands with an enclosure net system already in place.
It fits trampolines with straight, bent or arched poles,
It also includes a mini basketball and pump.
The JumpTastic Trampoline Basketball Hoop is also a universal fit.
FAQ: How do you make a homemade basketball hoop?
You can always make a DIY trampoline basketball hoop.
Here’s one quick tutorial on how to make a basketball hoop at home.
In need of a trampoline upgrade for basketball?
Try a rectangular trampoline with basketball hoop.
No.1: Jumpking Trampolines
The Jumpking trampoline with basketball hoop also doubles as a volleyball court!
No.2: Square Springfree Trampoline
Springfree trampolines are another option.
These are the only trampolines that keep feet, toes and fingers safe from being pinched or trapped by the traditional metal springs.
No.3: Commercial trampolines
But if you are looking to excel in basketball, then the only choice would be to buy this commercial grade trampoline enclosure – the Galactic Xtreme Gymnastic Rectangle trampoline made by Happy Trampoline.
It’s the safest trampoline with basketball hoop once you put one of the universal ones on, with a jumping mat that has lifespan of 20-30 years!
It’s giant sized, and definitely the only way to play a hotly contested comp with a double basketball hoop for trampoline.
No.2: Trampoline Paddle Ball Set
Trampoline paddle ball is another of the trampoline games for two players.
All you need is a set of trampoline paddle games – this one includes two bouncy rackets and two rubber string balls.
To play, each person takes a trampoline racket and then you either:
- throw the balls to each other to catch on the paddle board, or
- hold the round board with two hands to launch the ball and hit the balls back and forth in the air, like beach volleyball without a net
No.3: Trampoline Tennis
You can also use the small paddle boards from a game of paddle ball on the beach to play tramp tennis.
There’s no net, but the goal is the same – to keep the ball in play for as long as you can without missing a shot.
The first player serves.
You can also set rules:
- that it is ok for the ball to bounce in between shots like tennis,
- or not – so the ball after initial serve must only play in the air.
If the ball hits the ground, you are out.
No.4: Fun Cup Pong Game
One of the most fun trampoline games for 2 people is to play cup pong.
If you are looking to play games with ping pong balls, this is number one.
How do you play cup pong?
It’s easy to play these fun games on the trampoline!
- 10 red plastic cups (like the ones that hold beer at a hockey game, hence the name beer pong)
- 10 ping pong balls, and
- some washi paper tape, masking tape or blue tack (poster putty or sticky putty) to help the cups stand up on the trampoline mat.
You can buy a set of cup pong online.
This one has 24 cups and 24 ping pong balls, so you have spares.
Giant Cup Pong Game
Or you can buy GIANT cup pong sets
These are DOUBLE SIZED cups so make for a very funny challenge for all ages.
How to set up cup pong?
Set up the ten cups in the same configuration as ten pin bowling as pictured above.
(You could do a smaller 6-cup set up to make it more challenging.)
Draw a line on the trampoline mat with chalk as far away from the triangle of cups as you can.
The player throwing must stand behind the start line to launch each of their 10 balls.
Take turns tossing the ping pong balls into the cups.
Yes, it may bounce on the way and does not need to be a direct hit.
Whoever gets the most in wins the cup ping pong game!
This is the most unique trampoline game with ball, hands down.
Hot tip: You can add a challenge where one person sits while others stand to throw.
No.5: Volleyball Trampoline
Here’s one more of the fun games to play on a trampoline.
For this one, you’ll need to set up your trampoline with volleyball net.
Repurpose a blow up inflatable volleyball net for the pool and play seated volleyball on the trampoline.
(Here’s another option, with an inflatable basketball hoop too)
No one is allowed to stand up to dunk the ball over the net.
For an extra challenge, ask your players to sit with their legs crossed, yoga style.
The basic rules of volleyball apply:
- To score a point, you need to get the ball over the net and it must touch the ground – in this case, the trampoline mat on the other side
- The person with the most points wins
- Each person (or team, if there is more than one person on each side of the net) can hit the ball up to three times before the ball must be returned
In trampoline volleyball, if they don’t, the other side gets a point and the ball goes back into the other team’s possession to start again
- Players must not touch the net with any part of the body
- Players cannot reach over the net and hit the ball
No.6: Bouncing Air Catch Trampoline Game
What is bouncing air catch on the trampoline?
This game is one of the best trampoline games with a ball as you can make it harder or easier depending on the balls you use for the age of the kids:
- tennis balls or ping pong balls for older kids
- inflatable beach balls or foam balls for toddlers and preschoolers
- soft balls, mini basketballs, basketballs or baseballs for teens
One player stands outside the net, and throws a tennis ball over the net into the trampoline.
The other player or players stand on the trampoline.
When the ball is thrown, the kids on the trampoline must bounce and try to catch the ball while they are in the air.
The person who catches the most balls with their feet off the ground wins.
This bounce ball trampoline game is one of the best games to play on trampoline with 4 players but also one of the best games with beach balls.
No.7: Soccer Trampoline (Alt: Trampoline Football)
Looking for more games to play IN a trampoline?
If you have a trampoline with a net, then soccer is another winning trampoline activity.
VULY is one company that offers a trampoline with soccer net accessory that fits the outside of the frame, so you can jump off the tramp and play soccer.
But if you want to play soccer ON the trampoline, then you’ll need a set of portable soccer goals (and the bigger the trampoline the better)
(You could also use two of these floating inflatable water polo nets and ball)
Pop up soccer goals that self balance and have padding on their poles are best.
This is a great two person trampoline game.
No.8: Handball Trampoline Game
The popular Four Square handball game is top of our list of the best games to play with tennis balls.
This tennis ball game is commonly played at school in the breaks by kids in:
- New Zealand
- Fiji and
- South Africa
Handball is a game that easily translates to the trampoline.
To begin, use a piece of colored chalk to draw a big square cross + on the trampoline to make four corners.
If you only have two players, you can use chalk to draw one line to split the trampoline in two.
The positions of the square will either be labelled:
- Ace, King, Queen and Dunce or
- King, Queen, Jack and Dunce
Or in a game with only two sides:
- Ace and King, or
- King and Queen, or
- One and Two.
What are the rules of 4 square?
According to Wikipedia, these are the rules for the handball schoolyard game.
- A game must have at least two players (and up to four)
- The person in the leading square ‘serves’ the ball, bouncing it once within their square before it can enter an opponents square.
- Once the serve is complete, the receiver must hit the ball to another player.
- The ball must be hit so that it bounces in the player’s own square on the first bounce, and into another player’s square on the second bounce.
- If an outside object interferes with the play, the point will be replayed, known as a ‘replay.’
Here are some more important things to know, thanks to Wikipedia.
Full or Straight:
When the ball lands in another player’s square on the first bounce, the player has ‘fulled’ or has hit a ‘foul’. If a player does not catch the ball and continues to play, they have ‘played the full‘ and are therefore out.
When the ball lands outside of the court, the last person who touched the ball or the last court the ball touched is out.
Double Bounce or Dubs:
When the ball bounces twice in a person’s square, the person who is in that square is out.
Usually known as ‘double’, ‘double bounce’.
If the first bounce lands on a line and is not a ‘full‘ or a ‘double‘, it is known as Lines. When ‘lines‘ is called the point is replayed.
When the ball is touched twice in a row by the same person.
When the ball is held or scooped instead of a clean hit.
If a player interferes with another player, they are usually out.
When a non-player interferes with gameplay, usually by walking across the court.
If the player hits the ball in such a manner that it rolls along the ground, without bouncing, “rolls” is allowed to be called and the ball is picked up and re-served.
No.9: Poison Ball Trampoline Game
Poison Ball on a trampoline is just like poison ball on a field.
One person is ‘in’ or ‘it’ and must avoid being hit by all balls being thrown at them.
For this version, you’ll need someone to monitor a stopwatch.
In the Trampoline Poison Ball game, one person stands in the centre of the trampoline.
All the other players stand outside the trampoline on the ground, and must throw their ball over the net to try and touch the person inside.
Their job is to bounce around and move out of the way of the balls coming their way.
If they are hit by a ball, they are out.
The winner is the person who lasts the longest in the trampoline ring without being hit by the ball.
Hot tip: Do the old rock paper scissors trick to pick your first one up.
Version 2: Trampoline Poison Ball with ball pit balls
You can also play an in-all game, where all players are inside the trampoline, then one person tips a bag of small plastic trampoline pit balls inside the net.
Or two or three big inflatable beach balls.
Players must jump and avoid the balls that are squirming around their feet!
When the ball touches a player, they must sit down.
The last person standing is the winner.
No.10: Spike Ball Trampoline Game
What is the game where you bounce a ball off a trampoline?
This is a popular beach game with trampoline and ball.
The Bounce Ball off Trampoline Game is called Spikeball.
But you can also play a modified spikeball game on the trampoline.
This hi ball trampoline game where you put the spikeball net in the centre of the trampoline and try.
The spikeball trampoline net has plastic supports that can stand directly on your trampoline mat, but it’s not a bad idea to add a bit of padding to the plastic to avoid it scratching or tearing the mat.
This trampoline ball game is fast moving, and a bit hectic so best for older kids!
No.11: Best Trampoline Ball Pit
Of course, we can’t finish without mentioning one of the most games to play on the trampoline with balls!
A trampoline ball pit.
That is, filling up the inside of the trampoline net with colorful plastic balls and jumping while they fly up and down around you.
It’s seriously top of the list of fun trampoline games for toddler and preschoolers, and doesn’t cost an arm or leg to set up.
Where to buy Buy Trampoline Pit Balls?
You can buy packs of 400 ball pit balls in all the rainbow colors online.
You can also buy mermaid colored plastic balls in teal, blue and white for a much more stylish adventure!
All you have to do is pour them in through the opening, help the kids inside, and then close up the zip or door opening.
Let the squealing begin!
MORE Fun Trampoline Games to Play with Kids!
What are some good games to play on trampolines for kids of all ages?
Click the blue link below for more activities for kids and adults.
It includes instructions for:
- Easy trampoline tricks
- Trampoline ninja games
- Trampoline obstacle course
- Trampoline pool noodles gladiator battle
- How to play popcorn on trampoline
- How to play dead man on the trampoline
- Piggy in the Middle trampoline game
- Trampoline Bum Wars
- Trampoline Tag
- Lots of fun things to do on a trampoline alone and with friends
- Trampoline games for toddlers
- Trampoline games for preschoolers
Check it out via the link above.
Looking for MORE Trampoline Activities?
Click the blue links below for more activities for kids and adults