INSIDE: The Complete Guide to LEGO Store NYC in Rockefeller Center New York.
Start at the Quiz Project for kids at the Rockefeller Center Lego Brick Store.
Kids have to search the miniature version of the Rockefeller Plaza building, Miniland, and answer questions to show they’ve found hidden figures, Where’s Wally style.
If they can find them all (with your help), head to a Brick Specialist (one of the team members in store) and receive a cool prize!
It’s just ONE of the fun things to do at the Legoland Store in New York.
Take a look below for details.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
- 1 SEVEN More Things to Do at the LEGO Store NYC with Kids
- 2 No.1: LEGO Pick a Brick Wall at the LEGO Store New York City
- 3 No.2: Digital Box at the New York LEGO Rockefeller Center
- 4 No.3: Build your Own LEGO Minifigure at LEGO Store Rockefeller Center
- 5 No.4: LEGO Virtual Games
- 6 No.5: LEGO events at the LEGO Store Rockefeller Center
- 7 No.6: Talk to a Brick Specialist at Lego Store Manhattan
- 8 No. 7: Shop your favourite LEGO sets and LEGO products
- 9 THE INSIDE SCOOP: LEGO NYC
- 10 How to get to Rockefeller Center in New York
- 11 Lego Rockefeller Center Map
- 12 Facilities at the LEGO Store New York
- 13 Best Things to do at Rockefeller Center in New York
- 14 Toadstool Rating – LEGO New York City
- 15 Looking for MORE NEW YORK CITY kids activities?
SEVEN More Things to Do at the LEGO Store NYC with Kids
There’s a bunch of hands-on play activities for kids in New York at the Lego Store Rockefeller Center.
Even if your kids are not big LEGO fans, you can easily spend an hour or more doing all the stuff.
Here’s a list of seven things kids can do at the LEGO store New York.
No.1: LEGO Pick a Brick Wall at the LEGO Store New York City
Have you ever asked any of these questions:
- where can you buy LEGO blocks all in the same color?
- where can I buy specific individual LEGO bricks?
- where can I buy loose LEGO bricks?
- where to buy LEGO replacement parts?
- where to buy LEGO missing pieces?
If you have, THIS is the solution.
Visit the LEGO Pick a Brick wall to choose all the individual LEGO bricks and elements you want in different shapes.
There’s a rainbow of colors to choose from too, including PINK LEGO!
Every LEGO store has something different, and the LEGO bricks and pieces change all the time.
So grab a LEGO Store Pick a Brick cup and buy loose LEGO bricks galore.
Fill it up with whatever LEGO bricks pieces you need to round out your own prized collection of LEGO at home.
Hot tip: The Lego Pick a Brick price starts from $15.99 USD for the large cup, and $8.99 USD for the small cup.
How do you pack a LEGO Pick a Brick?
Watch this video above for tips.
Hot tip for Environmentalists who love LEGO products
Want to know “can I re use my LEGO Store Pick a Brick Cup?”
You can reuse your pick a brick container here at the LEGO store in NYC.
No.2: Digital Box at the New York LEGO Rockefeller Center
Ned loved this fun technology!
The digital box is the place to scan one of the boxed LEGO sets and see the model come to life in 3D!
How cool is that?
No.3: Build your Own LEGO Minifigure at LEGO Store Rockefeller Center
This is the cheapest way out of the Lego® Store in New York.
Guide the kids over to the Lego Mini Figure tower, where they can build 3 LEGO figures for around $10 US.
Kids can mix and match from a wide selection of LEGO parts and LEGO pieces including:
- LEGO legs
- LEGO torso
- LEGO heads
- LEGO hair pieces
- LEGO headgear
- LEGO accessories to customize their own Minifigures,
Take them home in a little purpose-built LEGO mini figures carry case too.
The cost of Lego Minifigures is $9.99 USD for the set of three.
No.4: LEGO Virtual Games
There’s a LEGO virtual game machine in store at the LEGO Rockefeller Center.
Kids love it, but you might have to wait a while for your turn.
No.5: LEGO events at the LEGO Store Rockefeller Center
Check out this month’s store calendar (scroll down the page)to learn about the play opportunities that are going on at your local LEGO Store.
- Monthly mini model builds
- Minifigure Swap Monday
- LEGO Life Meetings where you can meet other LEGO fans
- Join in creative LEGO building challenges
- Weekly building challenges and,
- Exclusive offers too.
You can print off a PDF of the Monthly Event Calendar too.
No.6: Talk to a Brick Specialist at Lego Store Manhattan
These guys and gals are the ones in the know.
Chat to them about your favourite LEGO sets, and find out all the gossip about new LEGO releases and upcoming events too.
No. 7: Shop your favourite LEGO sets and LEGO products
We saved the best of the Rockefeller Center LEGO store for last.
Yes, you can SHOP all your favourite and the BEST LEGO souvenirs at the LEGO shop New York too.
The LEGO shop in New York sells:
- LEGO kits and new LEGO sets
- LEGO City sets and LEGO Ninjago sets
- LEGO models including the LEGO New York Skyline (LEGO Architecture New York set)
- Adult LEGO sets, including the awesome Kombi Van set!
- LEGO Duplo for the younger kids
- LEGO bionicle
- LEGO people
- LEGO technic
- LEGO toys
- LEGO Star Wars sets (including LEGO Darth Vader)
- LEGO Harry Potter
- LEGO Minecraft
Plus, individual LEGO bricks, LEGO blocks, and LEGO base plates.
LEGO Christmas sets
Christmas lovers will be delighted with:
- the LEGO Christmas Village, or
- the LEGO Gingerbread house too.
The LEGO store can point you in the right direction to find a LEGO table, and ideas for LEGO storage too.
Keep an eye out for things that have been marked down as part of a LEGO sale too.
THE INSIDE SCOOP: LEGO NYC
Correct at time of publication on Roam the Gnome. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in US dollars, unless otherwise stated
Address: 620 Fifth Avenue @ 50th Street, New York NY 10020-2402
Telephone: (212) 245-5973
Website: Click here
Opening Hours LEGO Brick Store Rockefeller Center:
- Monday – Saturday: 10am – 6:00 pm (Winter hours) 9am – 8pm (Summer hours)
- Sunday: 10am – 6:00 pm (Winter hours) 10am – 7pm (Summer hours)
New York LEGO store entry fees
BUT purchases will be made!
Spot the Rockefeller Center Flags to find the LEGO Shop in Rockefeller Center
How to get to Rockefeller Center in New York
By Subway Train: B, D, F, M trains to 47-50 Streets – Rockefeller Center Station
By Bus: Bus to 6 Av/w 49 St bus station
Rockefeller Center Parking
Car Parking garages can be found nearby.
Lego Rockefeller Center Map
Facilities at the LEGO Store New York
Nearest takeaway coffee and/or food options: Tonnes of family-friendly food and drink options in and around the Rockefeller center.
Toilets: No. Closest bathrooms are in the Rockefeller Center itself.
Disability access: Limited. (There are stairs inside.)
Closest ATM: Citibank ATM insideRockefeller Center
Closest playground: Heckscher Playground at Central Park south
Best Things to do at Rockefeller Center in New York
If you are visiting New York City during winter, join in one of the city’s most celebrated traditions.
Each winter, visitors lace up their skates and twirl away at The Rink at Rockefeller Center. The Rink at Rockefeller is set to re-open early October. Reserve tickets now.
There’s also more stuff to do at the Rockefeller Center. Click here for a list of Rockefeller Center stores to visit with kids.
Toadstool Rating – LEGO New York City
Definitely a must for LEGO fans.
Looking for MORE NEW YORK CITY kids activities?
Click the blue links below for more New York activities.