INSIDE: Roam the Gnome’s Guide to Kambah Adventure Playground.
A boulder-style rock climbing wall was the first thing Jack spotted as he raced toward this playground and for the next 45 minutes, he stayed put right there.
Climbing up, around, and side-to-side, the challenge of finding foot holds and hand grips had him deeply engrossed in physical play until he was worn out.
That’s the best kind of playground.
And this one can be found in Canberra.
Yes, pop Kambah Adventure Playground on your “Canberra for Kids” bucket list.
It’s worth a detour.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
Ultimate Guide to Kambah Adventure Playground Canberra
There’s play equipment for all ages here.
Little kids will love the red and yellow fort with bridges and platforms.
Canberra Playground at Kambah Park for little ones
- race each other down the dual slippery slide
- scale up and down step ladders
- ride the spider web swing, or
- spend time clambering across the bouldering wall like Jack.
Kambah Park has an all-abilities swing on site too, another reason it’s the best in the area.
Toddler rockers at Kambah District Park
- a kangaroo rocker
- things to spin about on, and
- a junior flying fox for toddlers and preschoolers too.
Equipment for big kids at Adventure Playground Kambah
Primary-aged kids have a sky-high pyramid web to challenge their strength and dexterity.
Zipline at Kambah playground
Along with a monstrous zip line. (Big kids love large flying foxes like this!)
Plus, a half-pipe for cool skaters and BMX riders.
All of this surrounded by juicy green grass for as far as the eye can see.
Kambah Adventure Park Canberra
BYO picnic of healthy snacks and food to this gem .
Canberra parks and gardens like this one make us happy chaps.
We said it.
Kambah playground is definitely one of the best kids parks in Canberra.
THE INSIDE SCOOP: Kambah District Park
Correct at time of publication on Roam the Gnome. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in AUD dollars, unless otherwise stated
Address: Kambah District Park is accessible from Springbett Street in Kambah
Website: Click here
Opening Hours: Sunrise to sunset
Entry Fees: Free
How to get to Kambah Adventure Playground
- The bus journey to this Canberra adventure playground requires a change of buses midway.
- Get bus numbers and details here
- Disembark at O’Halloran Cct after Springbett St, and walk 5 minutes to park.
By Car: 18 minutes drive from Canberra CBD via Tuggeranong Parkway. (20 km)
Parking at Kambah Adventure Park: Plenty of on and off street parking nearby in the park grounds.
Kambah Adventure Playground map
Facilities at Kambah Adventure Playground
Nearest takeaway coffee: Biginelli’s at 3/48 Mannheim St, Kambah ACT 2902 (5 mins drive) Stop in on the way to the park.
- To gain entry to the wheelchair accessible Liberty swing, contact the Canberra and Region Visitors Centre on 6205 0044 to organise a temporary key on presentation of a deposit ($10) and proof of disability.
- They are open at Regatta Point, Barrine Drive, Parkes ACT 2600 on Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm; Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays 9:00am – 4:00pm. Closed Christmas Day.
Shade: Trees surround the play zones.
Enclosed: Low risk. Away from traffic.
Ground cover: Rubber soft fall, concrete pathways, grass
Food options: BYO picnic or BBQ
Picnic tables: Yes
Electric BBQs: Yes
Water Bubblers/fountains: Yes
Scooters and Bikes: Yes
Toadstool Rating – Things to do in Canberra with Kids at Kambah
The Kambah Adventure Playground is a winner.
Here’s the Big List of the Family Activities in Canberra for kids!
Click the links in blue below for more Canberra activities for kids.