INSIDE: Roam the Gnome’s Insiders Guide to Pixie Dust, the magical ingredient of Disney Guest Relations.
Have you heard rumours of a special MAGIC PIXIE DUST at Disney?
Are you wondering if the rumours are right?
IS PIXIE DUST REAL?
(Here’s a tip. It is!)
Learn all about this delightful & heartwarming Disney World customer service strategy, and what it means for Disney guests.
Plus, the meaning of Pixie dust and details about the Disney Pixie Dust effect upon guests!
Check below for all the details.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
What is Pixie Dust at Disney?
What does pixie dust do?
“PIXIE DUST” is Disney Guest Relations SECRET FORMULA for happy visitors.
“All it takes is faith and trust… Oh!
And something I forgot: Dust.
Just a little bit of pixie dust.
Fun Fact: Tinker Bell Pixie Dust
Pixie dust was first mentioned in the film, Peter Pan.
“All you need is Faith Trust and Pixie Dust”.
When Tinker Bell scattered her magical pixie dust in the air over the Darling siblings, it gave Wendy and her brothers the ability to fly.
So, what does Pixie Dust mean at Disney?
Disney’s Pixie Dust experiences are the Random Acts of Kindness given to Disney Parks guests & Disney Cruise guests from time to time.
They are special yet clandestine (secretive) VIP treats that can unexpectedly make your day during a trip to Disney Parks including Walt Disney World:
- Magic Kingdom
- Hollywood Studios
- Animal Kingdom or
But also at:
- Los Angeles Disneyland
- California Adventure Park
- Disneyland Paris, or
- on a Disney Cruise Line.
How are Disney Guest Relations & A Little Bit of Pixie Dust Magic linked?
Disney Guest Relations staff and cast members are given the power to sprinkle ‘pixie dust’ goodness on their favourite visitors.
Word on the street is that Walt Disney World guest services and Disney springs guest services work in tandem to deliver Disney World pixie dust magic!
Disneyland guest services, as well as Disneyland cast members, are in on the act of delivering Disneyland Pixie dust.
When you visit Disney next time, you might just be the lucky recipient of Disney Pixie Dust in room surprises!
Some of the Best Pixie Dust Disney surprises!
Disney Pixie Dust experiences include all kinds of things!
And often, it’s a case of being in the right place at the right time.
Our forever favourite is the experience of having every cast member say “Happy Birthday to you” when you pass by wearing a birthday button.
Or Minnie Mouse blowing you a special kiss, just for you!
We loved being Disney pixie dusted with a little extra attention like this!
Best Disney Magical Moments
But it’s the big-hearted care that warms our heart most of all.
A cast member noticing you are cold, and bringing over a rug and a free hot chocolate.
A cast member taking extra good care of your property, when you’ve accidentally left it somewhere, until you return to claim it.
A Disney character going above and beyond to make your child’s day with a personal experience of sharing a story, or doing a dance, or using sign language to communicate a special message.
A Disney cast member replacing a dropped ice cream to make a child smile again.
THIS is why Disney rules the world.
Be Grateful for the Best Disney Pixie Dust Upgrade Surprises!
Do moaners get all the pixie dust treats?
Neither do the complainers, or the grumpy, or the bad-tempered crabby people.
(They do have their complaints resolved but they don’t get ‘extra’ for their whines and moans)
In fact, it’s the OPPOSITE.
Pixie dust rains on happy people.
You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
If you are on vacation at Disney Parks, you should have a good attitude and be grateful, especially these days.
Not everyone can be so lucky, and many people would LOVE to be in your shoes!
How do you get Disney Magical Moments?
You are also much more likely to be a lucky recipient of Pixie Dust if you smile, are kind and friendly, non-demanding, AND truly show you have a genuine, deeply held love of all the Disney magic.
But the trick is not to expect Disney Pixie dust gifts, or even to ask how to get pixie dust at Disney World or scheme to get Pixie Dust Disneyland treats, but to welcome the Pixie Dust surprises with open arms IF and WHEN they arrive.
Legitimate surprise, and gratitude for the little things, fuels the MAGIC OF DISNEY!
The List of Disney Pixie Dust Ideas we love!
No.1: Special Disney Character greetings
- A special or personalised greeting by a Disney character
- Extra attention from Disney characters, or a chance to RIDE a ride WITH them!
- Simple acts of kindness from Disney characters, such as Winnie the Pooh playing with your kids, or a Disney Princess walking hand in hand with them for a distance
- An invitation to enjoy a private character meeting
- Disney characters catching you unawares at unlikely spots throughout the park, and giving you uninterrupted time to chat with them
- An unexpected offer to get up close and personal with a Disney Princess!
No.2: Enthusiastic Disney cast member interactions
- Fun engagement with cast members cheering for you when you hit big milestones, such as finally being tall enough to ride!
- Cast members blowing bubbles around you!
- Being trailed by a Disney Photopass Photographer who captures some extra special pics of you and your family
Awesome Pixie Dusting for kids
No.3: Disney Fast Passes & Disney Queue Jump
- Invitations to ride again!
- Sneaky back-room queue jumping opportunities
- Surprise bonus fast passes from a street sweeper
- No strings attached Fast Passes
- Front of line passes
No.4: Being Special Guests at Disney Parades and Shows
- The chance to be Grand Marshalls in a parade, or join a parade as special guests, sometimes dressed up in costume!
- The chance to sit in special front row seating for a Disney Show
- Complimentary extra magic hours
- A chance to go on stage to be part of a show
This happened to Jack at Paris Disneyland, when he was asked to present a rose to the Disney Princesses on the Christmas show.
Ned and I were led to the best viewing seats for the show too!
MORE of the best Disney Pixie Dust moments
No.5: Free Disney Buttons, Disney Pins & Disney Balloons
- FREE Disney buttons for every kind of celebration (eg Happy Birthday, or Wedding Anniversaries)
- A special balloon handed over unexpectedly
- A free Disney pin from a special Disney event
No.6: Free Disney desserts
- A Disney birthday cake treat, and being serenaded by a bunch of Disney characters who bring it out to you!
- A free dessert for no reason at all
No.7: Surprise Disney Trip gifts
- Having your lost possessions or toys returned with a smile, or replaced as new
- An awesome parking spot, close to the entrance gates
- An unexpected FREE TOUR booking!
- Being invited to take the wheel on the Jungle Cruise
- Free coffee refills
In times past, a ride in the front cab of the monorail was a huge Disney pixie dust treat!
MORE Disney Pixie Dust in Room Surprises!
Guest relations cast members may also sprinkle pixie dust in your room.
No.1: Disney Room Decor
- Festive room decor when you arrive to your room on a Celebratory day, such as a Honeymoon or Big Number birthday, or Golden Wedding Anniversary
- Signed photos of Mickey propped up on your bedside table
- Returning lost property left in your room by post, back to your home at no charge
No.2: Free Disney Meals
- Random complimentary meals gifted
- Anniversary desserts or platters in your room
- Mickey shaped chocolates in your room
- Mickey ice cream on the house
- Free cookies
- Free Disney dining vouchers
- Disney club upgrades – which means you can eat for free!
No.3: Free Disney merchandise
- Disney Plush toy gifts
- Minnie and Mickey postcards
- Mickey stickers
- Gift cards to buy merchandise
- Custom made Mickey ears with your name on them!
No.4: Does Disney ever give free Disney room upgrades?
Pixie Dust Magic Kingdom style may mean a room upgrade to a water view room, a hotel upgrade, or resort upgrades for free too.
Imagine being moved from one Disney World resort to another better one for the duration of your stay.
How to get a free room upgrade at Disney World
Hot tip: This is more likely to happen during the slow season, or when you are truly celebrating something such as a wedding anniversary or perhaps a successful recovery from a serious life-threatening illness.
Do not make special requests. That will almost certainly discount you.
Be authentically enthusiastic and joyful at check in, and you never know your luck.
Keep your fingers and toes crossed!
And more Pixie Dust Disney World Magic!
We’ve heard stories where people on their Disney Vacation have been gifted a new bucket of popcorn when theirs has crashed to the ground accidentally.
And of families being selected as Family of the Day at the Magic Kingdom.
Disney Cast members have replaced newly purchased lost toys, with new ones from the store too.
Sometimes, the pixie dust delivery service has transported these replacement toys to the hotel room, or posted them gratis to the guest back home!
My HEART SOARS when I hear these stories.
Wondering where to get pixie dusted at Disney World?
There’s no specific location for getting pixie dusted at Disney World.
Be authentic and be kind and friendly to cast members and you never know your luck!
About The Disney Golden Ticket
If you believe the whispers, there may even be something called a Golden Ticket.
A Golden Ticket is said to be a FAST PASS for EVERY SINGLE RIDE!
Can you even imagine???
But I’ve no proof it exists.
Image credit: Vintage Disneyland Tickets
The Disney No Strings Attached Pass
This ‘tool in Guest Satisfaction’ is a pass used by cast members to pacify a guest’s concerns or complaint.
At the cast members discretion, this could be issued for:
- priority entrance (eg a fast pass) for a ride, or
- front row seating at a show for 1 or more guests, or
- for a complimentary item.
You might find yourself with a complimentary
- Disney hat
- Disney Mini bean bag
- Disney Popcorn scoop
- Mickey ice cream
- Disney t-shirt
- Disney balloon
- Disney ears
Or something else entirely.
FAQ: What is a Disney Gold Pass?
There’s also something called the Disney Golden Pass.
According to Wikipedia, “The Golden Pass is a ticket which allows the holder access to all nine of the theme parks for his/her whole life owned and operated by The Walt Disney Company.”
What Disney fan wouldn’t love that?
MORE REASONS TO LOVE GUEST SERVICES AT DISNEY PARKS
People ask why is Disneyland such a happy place?
The real answer is that Disney staff go above and beyond when it comes to Disney customer service.
That’s why a visit to the parks is all I need for refilling my pixie dust bag.
Everything else is a bonus.
How do you thank a Disneyland Cast Member?
How do you compliment a Disney cast member?
Firstly, make sure you get their name.
Then lodge a feedback form at one of the Disney Parks guest relations offices.
These things don’t go unnoticed by Disney management.
You can also add the hashtag hashtag #CastCompliment to an instagram or facebook post, so why not take a pic with your favorite cast member and tag the Disney park you are visiting too.
Find Disney Guest Relations Offices
No.1: Guest Relations at Walt Disney World Florida
Disney World Guest Relations is available at all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park, Disney Springs and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
Each Guest Relations location is open during the normal operating hours for its park or complex.
Guest Relations at Walt Disney World can be found at:
- Magic Kingdom City Hall lobby
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Take a look at the map of Guest Relations offices here.
No.2: Guest Relations at Disneyland Anaheim
Disneyland Guest relations can be found in these locations below.
- City Hall on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Central Plaza Information Board near Plaza Inn
- Fantasyland kiosk next to Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Tomorrowland kiosk next to Star Trader
- New Orleans Square kiosk next to the Haunted Mansion exit
Disney California Adventure Park
- Chamber of Commerce on Buena Vista Street
- Information Station on Buena Vista Street
- Cars Land kiosk at entrance of Cars Land
- Pixar Pier kiosk near FASTPASS Distribution area for Incredicoaster and Toy Story Midway Mania!
Services at Disney Guest Relations
If you are vacation planning your next Disney experience, take a look at how they can help.
- Disney Guide maps in Italian, French, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, German, Japanese, and Portuguese
- Complimentary Attraction Translation Devices
- Accessibility Information
- Times Guides, detailing show and parade information
- Up-to-the-minute theme park news
- Foreign currency exchange
- Lost Guest retrieval
They can also give you assistance with Reservations and Tickets for
- Disney Dining
- Guided Tours (eg Walk in Walt’s Disneyland Footsteps tour)
- Ticket upgrades
They can also help you if you want to find out more about complaining to Disney World or Disneyland, and where to lodge Disney complaints and comments.
Image credit: Disney_Insiderz via Instagram
FAQ: Pixie Dust meaning & more
No.1: What does Refilling my Pixie Dust mean on Disney buses?
There’s a new Magical Express bus featuring Peter Pan and Tinkerbell, and it’s named in their honour.
The Refilling my Pixie Dust Disney Bus has a huge mural of Peter Pan and Tinkerbell flying through the sky on their way to Neverland on the side.
No.2: How to make real pixie dust that makes you fly
Wondering how to make real pixie dust to fly?
Me too. If you find out, do let us know!
No.3: How do you make real magic fairy dust?
Try this craft activity.
Looking for more Disney Tips and Tricks?
Correct at time of publication on Roam the Gnome. Please check with Disney for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in US dollars, unless otherwise stated
Click the links in blue below for more Disney Tips.