INSIDE: Eat Delicious Spitalfields Market Food, then Shop till you Drop at this gorgeous London Market.
Old Spitalfields Market London is on the way if you are heading to Brick Lane Markets, and the Cereal Killer cafe.
The Old Spitalfields Market London is housed in a renovated and covered Victorian market hall with restaurants and boutiques, fashion and vintage stalls.
Did you know there has been a daily market on this site in London for over 350 years?
This historic market is open 7 days a week with something new to discover each day including pop-ups, takeovers, events and the best Sunday arts market in London.
The Fruits and Veg have moved to the NEW Spitalfields Markets in Leyton, leaving the original London markets site for more elegant and refined wares, and most importantly, Spitalfields Market Food!
Take a look below for details.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
- 1 Old Spitalfields Market Food Stalls
- 2 Old Spitalfields Market Restaurants
- 3 Old Spitalfields Market Sunday – Handmade & Original
- 4 Visit London Old Spitalfields Market for Quirky London Souvenirs
- 5 Antique Market and London Vinyl Market
- 6 London Old Spitalfields Market Shops
- 7 Visit the Spitalfields Arts Market
- 8 What is the New Spitalfields Market?
- 9 THE INSIDE SCOOP: Old Spitalfields Sunday Markets London
- 10 How to get to Old Spitalfields Market London
- 11 Old Spitalfields Market Map
- 12 Toadstool Rating: Old Spitalfields Markets
- 13 Looking for MORE London markets shopping & food?
Old Spitalfields Market Food Stalls
What to buy at the Spitalfields food stalls?
The Old Spitalfields food market sells:
- organic food
- freshly baked bread
- fresh juices
- good coffee
- Japanese sushi bowls
- Chinese street food
- falafel burgers, and
Head to the corners of the market to find the regular food stalls that anchor the market, and provide all important coffee to the market stall holders who’ve been up before dawn.
This is the spot for a light breakfast before spending an hour or two browsing around the Old Spitalfields market stalls.
It’s kid friendly, for the most part, so take a seat.
Old Spitalfields Market Restaurants
There’s also plenty of Spitalfields restaurants around the perimeter of the market stall area.
Try any of these Spitalfields favourites:
- Tre Rote traditional pasta
- Pilpel falafel burgers
- Bleecker burgers – the best NYC burgers in London
- The Real Greek for greek food
- Rice Brother for authentic Chinese food, all packaged up in bite size bites
- High Mood food – home to seasonal, vegetable packed natural foods including fermented goodies for gut health
- Cafe Caribbean for Jamaican food, the home-cooked way
- Indi-go Rasoi for Indian street food
- Sud Italia for the best pizza in East London
- Wheelcake Island for fluffy Taiwanese pancakes filled to the brim with sweet stuff
The Kitchens are open:
- Monday to Friday, from 11-8pm
- Saturday 11-6pm, and
- Sunday 11-5pm.
Our tip: arrive early for breakfast, lunch or dinner to beat the crowds.
These Old Spitalfields market restaurants are popular with locals and were PACKED at 11.15am!
Old Spitalfields Market Sunday – Handmade & Original
The Londoner’s Home Market on Sundays once a month is the first place to meet the all-stars of London’s market scene at The Londoner’s Home Market.
While the monthly market itself was smallish, the quality of the stalls on offer made up for that.
Visit these Arts and Crafts markets London style for trinkets and tasteful thingamajigs too.
Spitalfields Arts market stalls
All the stall holders for this special Sunday London Market offer original products including:
- fashion clothing & accessories
- vintage goods
- pet goods
- leather bags
If you are wondering where to buy art in London from new and established artists, this is the spot. It’s becoming a hotspot for artwork in London.
Opening hours: Old Spitalfields Arts Market is on the 4th Sunday of Every Month from 10am – 5pm
Visit London Old Spitalfields Market for Quirky London Souvenirs
The Daily Market at Old Spitalfields also has lots of regular stall holders selling everything from bags, handbags, leather goods, home grown fashion, fashion accessories, scarves, jewellery, art, homewares, kimonos, sunglasses, handwash & bathroom scents, beauty products & makeup, and unique London souvenirs.
You’ll find handmade items from local creators, artists & illustrators, and makers, plus kooky takes on t-shirts and fashion.
Our pick were the Mr Beard and Mr Nerd t-shirts we found by a local artist- a hipsters dream tee.
Antique Market and London Vinyl Market
Wondering what else to do in Spitalfields markets?
Thursday is the famous Antique and Vintage Market, and every second Friday it’s time for the Vinyl market.
The stalls are ever-changing, so there’s always something to see at these craft markets in London.
Check more info on the Daily Market stall holders here.
London Old Spitalfields Market Shops
There are also permanent shops at the London Old Spitalfields markets including upmarket stores including:
- Pick a Twig minimalist jewellery
- Cybele London for modern and vintage style watches
- Polka Dot luxury glasswares
- Cheaney handcrafted English shoes
- Jo Malone signature scents
- Malby maps for antique globes, maps and books
- Jigsaw for British fashion
- Klasik vintage eyewear
- Tag Heuer watches
- Dr Martens boots and shoes
Most shops open from 10am to 7pm.
Visit the Spitalfields Arts Market
The Spitalfields Arts Market is the place to buy art in London from both up and coming artists, and established artists to.
Spitalfields Arts Market are held once a month from Thursday to Sunday on Market Street, between Brushfield street and Crispin place.
What is the New Spitalfields Market?
The New Spitalfields Market is the home of wholesale fruit, vegetables, food and beautiful flowers.
It’s NOT currently open to the public.
THE INSIDE SCOOP: Old Spitalfields Sunday Markets London
Correct at time of publication on Roam the Gnome. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in British pounds, unless otherwise stated
Old Spitalfields Market Address: These East London markets can be found at 16 Horner Square, Spitalfields, London E1 6EW, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 20 7375 2963
Website: Click here
Old Spitalfields Market Opening Times
The Old Spitalfields market hours are seven days a week.
The Daily market is open:
- Mon, Tues, Weds, Fri: 10am — 6pm
- Thurs: 7am – 6pm
- Sat: 10am — 6pm
- Sun: 10am — 5pm
Spitalfield Markets Entry fees
How to get to Old Spitalfields Market London
By Train: The closest Spitalfields Market Tube station is Liverpool Street Station, a 5 min walk from the markets.
You can also arrive via Shoreditch High Street (7mins walk), Aldgate East (8mins walk), Moorgate (14mins walk) and Old Street (16mins walk)
- Brushfield Street (67)
- Primrose Street, Stop J (8, 26, 35, 48, 78, 135, 149, 205 242, 388)
By Car: Click here for google map directions
Old Spitalfields Market parking
Find a Spitalfields Car Park at:
- Grey Eagle Street Car park
- Broadgate Car Park
Old Spitalfields Market Map
Toadstool Rating: Old Spitalfields Markets
Not a lot for kids to do in London here at the Old Spitalfields Markets, but I did buy them a short 100% wool hand-knitted scarf each here.
Instant hipsters they were!
Looking for MORE London markets shopping & food?
Click the links in blue below for more London tips