INSIDE: The Ultimate List of the All Inclusive Family Resorts for families.
The best all inclusive resorts for families are ones that have lots of activities to do, but that don’t break the bank. Take a look at our faves.
Kid friendly all inclusive resorts have kids clubs for all ages including teens.
- kids menus
- water parks
- awesome playgrounds, and
- opportunities to join in staff-led activities so parents can enjoy some time out too.
Take a look below for details of some of our favorites.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you. Main image credit: Smugglers Notch Vermont
Image credit: Smugglers Notch Vermont
- 1 Best All Inclusive Family Resorts
- 2 ALL INCLUSIVE RESORTS IN USA
- 3 No.1: Smugglers Notch Vermont
- 4 No.2: Mohonk Mountain House in New York state
- 5 No.3: Club Med Sandpiper Bay at Port St. Lucie, Florida
- 6 ALL INCLUSIVE DUDE RANCH VACATIONS
- 7 No.1: Vista Verde Guest Ranch in Colorado
- 8 No.2: The Ranch at Rock Creek in Philipsburg, Montana
- 9 No.3: Drowsy Water Ranch near Denver, Colorado
- 10 No.4: Rocking Horse Ranch Resort, Highland New York
- 11 No.5: Rancho de los Caballeros in Wickenburg Arizona
- 12 ALL INCLUSIVE FAMILY RESORTS MEXICO
- 13 No.1: Grand Velas Riviera Maya Resort
- 14 No.2: Beach Palace Cancun
- 15 No.3: AZUL Beach Resort Riviera Maya
- 16 No.4: Dreams Resorts Mexico
- 17 ALL INCLUSIVE RESORTS CARIBBEAN
- 18 No.1: Beaches Turks and Caicos
- 19 No.2: Nickelodeon Hotels & Resorts Punta Cana
- 20 No.3: Club Med Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- 21 ALL INCLUSIVE RESORTS ASIA
- 22 No.1: Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp and Resorts in Chiang Rai
- 23 No.2: Club Med Asia
- 24 MORE FUN HOTELS FOR KIDS
- 25 The Best Family Resorts where you pay as you go
Best All Inclusive Family Resorts
Correct at time of publication on Roam the Gnome. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in US dollars, unless otherwise stated
- all inclusive resorts in America
- all inclusive dude ranches in America
- all inclusive resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean
- all inclusive resorts in Asia
ALL INCLUSIVE RESORTS IN USA
The best all inclusive kids resorts in America include these ones below:
No.1: Smugglers Notch Vermont
Family packages in summer include mountainside lodging, guided hikes & walks, family activities, and adult adventures.
Visit their 8 heated pools, 4 waterslides, 2 hot tubs, & 2 freshwater swimming reservoirs!
The FunZone 2.0 Family Fun Complex is a one-of-a-kind 26,000 square-foot indoor playground for kids with:
- a Leap of Faith platform jump
- warrior course with cargo nets
- trapeze bars and foam obstacles
- arts and craft stations
- big blue blocks construction zone
- inflatable bouncy house and pirate ship
- ping pong, and
- mini golf.
Join in arcade games, laser tag, and a laser maze at extra cost.
The Village Recreation Area, open daily from 8:00 am to dusk has a sand volleyball court, basketball court, shuffleboard, and horseshoes.
Bootleggers’ Basin reservoir has shade tents, picnic tables and restrooms plus field games like kickball, soccer, and volleyball. Swim or paddleboard in the cool water too.
And there’s SEVEN playgrounds.
There’s a separate teen center too, plus a skate park, and a mountain bike pump track.
In winter, skiing and snowboarding is THE activity of choice.
Fun Fact: Kids get their own FREE Kids Club Treasure Chest, with crayons, kids’ coloring book, special offers & freebies, stickers, buttons, temporary tattoos, and more! Plus FREE hot cocoa or lemonade vouchers.
It’s THE most popular kid-friendly resort all year round.
Image credit: Mohonk Mountain House
No.2: Mohonk Mountain House in New York state
Mohonk Mountain House resort is a Victorian castle cradled in 40,000 acres of protected forest.
With views overlooking a pristine glacial lake, you won’t believe you are only 90 minutes out of Manhattan.
At Mohonk Mountain House All Inclusive Family Resorts, families and kids can:
- play tennis
- take a horseback ride, or sit back in a horse drawn carriage for a trip around the landscape
- kayak on the lake, or try a spot of fly fishing
- visit the historic Barn Museum
- splash and play in the indoor heated pool
- join a guided hike, try rock scrambling, throw a tomahawk, experience archery, and play disc golf
There’s also Kids Club, and a Teen program.
But the best is the Junior Naturalist program that teaches kids about animal tracking, tree identification, and leads them on fossil hunts too.
The overnight rate at Mohonk includes meals and countless activities such as daily guided hikes, evening entertainment, fitness and yoga classes, kids club and more.
No.3: Club Med Sandpiper Bay at Port St. Lucie, Florida
Club Med retreats are all-inclusive resorts with plenty to do for families. This one, between Miami and Orlando, has the best weather for an all year round getaway under the Florida sun.
- Join in Tennis group lessons
- get free access to the Golf resort facilities
- join group lessons to improve your skills in beach volleyball or
- take your soccer to the next level with group coaching.
There’s also FREE access to sailing equipment too.
Babies are catered for with Baby Club Med, with sensory activities for tiny tots, educational toys, baby gym and walks.
Older kids can visit the pools, join in family cooking and baking classes, and join in the family show time to sing, dance, become an acrobat or circus performer or dress up.
There’s fitness Zumbatomic classes, flying trapeze group lessons, kayaking and sailing fun, and an art studio plus kids can join in Circus, Golf and Tennis from 4 years.
Parents can play a round or two of golf at the 18-hole golf course, swim in the oceanfront pool, or take time out at the L’Occitane Spa.
All your meals are included in your all inclusive family resorts stay: breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. The all day dining features local and international cuisine from both buffet service at The Market Place, and all day snacks at Soleil Terrace.
Kids under 4 are free.
ALL INCLUSIVE DUDE RANCH VACATIONS
No.1: Vista Verde Guest Ranch in Colorado
Vista Verde Guest Ranch in Steamboat Springs, Colorado is an all-inclusive resort open for dude ranch season from June through late-October and as a winter ranch from mid-December to early-March.
Rates at these all inclusive family resorts are truly all-inclusive – there’s not even a charge or gratuity added to your bill on checkout!
The ranch caters for families with children 6 years and up, who can join in all the fun activities on offer.
In summer, it’s time to learn about horsemanship, learning to groom and care for the horses, or go mountain biking, fly fishing, rock climbing, kayaking, rafting, and hiking. After all that activity, relax in the hot tub.
Join in a cookout, toast marshmallows on the campfire, and get down at a barn dance.
- try sledding
- take a sleigh ride
- go snowshoeing
- experience ice fishing
- head out to ski
- ride on a snowmobile or
- slide a tube down the big hill.
At days end, take time out in your own personal hot tub in your cozy log cabin.
The best thing about Vista Verde?
The Dine and Dash dinner, where kids eat quick smart from a special menu and then head out to join the kid’s activities like Capture the Flag, or a hayride, or a treasure hunt, leaving you to dine in peace.
No.2: The Ranch at Rock Creek in Philipsburg, Montana
The all-inclusive rate includes the Little Grizzlies Kids Club, plus meals, snacks, alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages, laundry, and transportation to and from the airport, and around the expansive ranch grounds.
Join in daily guided activities for free:
- try horseback riding
- fly fishing
- a ropes course, or
- create art in nature.
Soak in a hot tub, watch a rodeo, ride in a stagecoach in summer, or take a sleigh ride in winter.
There’s nightly entertainment at the Silver Dollar Saloon.
It’s home to a four-lane bowling alley, a private movie theatre, billiard tables, karaoke, shuffleboard, table tennis, card and game tables, darts and board games.
No one is bored here.
Image credit: Matt Thomas
No.3: Drowsy Water Ranch near Denver, Colorado
Drowsy Water Dude Ranch is situated 90 miles west of Denver, Colorado. Visit for an authentic western ranch vacation.
All inclusive rates include a week of home cooked meals served family style in the dining room.
But the best meals are outdoor meals:
- breakfast on a mountain top
- an open hearth barbecue
- chuckwagon lunches
- or lunch from the saddle pack
Try rafting, trail riding, mountain biking, kids hayrides, yoga, teepee building challenges, kids games, and obstacle courses.
Join in a country dance night at Teepee Dancehall, or sit by a campfire, and have your family photos taken.
The Buckaroos program is for kids under 5 with games, crafts, picnics, hikes, and horse rides around the ranch.
Kids 6-12 join in the Range Riders, an instruction based horseriding program where they practice basic riding skills before heading out on trail rides and learn loping.
There’s swimming, archery, hiking, rafting, obstacle courses and horse brushing for kids to do too.
Teens have their own program or can join in with the adults too.
NB: Golf fees, guided fly fishing, massages, and zip line course are extra.
Fun Fact: Drowsy Water was voted the best all-inclusive vacation in the world by TripAdvisor.
Hot tip: This ranch is one of the only ones that accepts children under 5.
No.4: Rocking Horse Ranch Resort, Highland New York
This all inclusive Family Vacation provides a range of activities included in your stay – unlimited horse back riding, mountain tubing, super bungee jumpers, rock climbing, and outdoor water sports.
Watch live shows including the Wild West shows and dance to the melodies every night at the Silverado Saloon.
There’s firework displays, and character lunches too.
There’s SO much for kids to do here:
- Lucky Horseshoe games aracde
- The Fun Barn foam factory with interactive softplay, nerf cannons, climbing walls and inflatables
- A shooting gallery and archery range
- Scavenger hunts, bingo and board games
- Organised activities including hula hoop contests, and tug of war
- Visit the Wildlife exhibit to meet Chip the dromedary camel, miniature donkeys, plains zebras and Scottish cows
- Mini golf – December to March
- The Big Splash indoor waterpark has a Dynamite Alley Water Walk Challenge!
- Little kids can play on the Fort Geyser Aqua Station with slides, interactive fountains, dumping buckets and huge geysers!
In Winter, head to the Winter Fun Park with an ice skating rink, snow tubing, horse drawn sleigh rides, and skiing!
Enjoy delicious, daily, all-you-can-eat meal included in your stay too. The food is not to be scoffed at.
The culinary team here are all graduates of the Culinary Institute of America.
Stay in the main lodge accommodation, themed ranch style, or in the Oklahoma Building accommodation outside the lodge, near the Western Mining Town and Fort Tiny playground.
No.5: Rancho de los Caballeros in Wickenburg Arizona
Experience Southwestern hospitality at Rancho de los Caballeros in Wickenburg, Arizona.
Enjoy delicious meals all day in the main dining room as part of the all-inclusive dining plan.
There’s a Nature program to learn about the saguaro cacti, over 300 species of desert birds, and the historic settlements from the gold mining era.
Take an all-terrain jeep tour to see the desert up close.
Join in a campfire, watch the horses run from the pasture to the corral, head out on a trail ride, and finish the day with live music at the Saloon.
Kids club is fully supervised by staff.
Kids over 5 years become pint-sized cowgals and cowboys for the day, and can enjoy:
- horseback riding
- fun outdoor activities
- arts and crafts
- scavenger hunts
- games and
- cowboy cookouts with campfire s’mores an added treat.
Image credit: Grand Velas Riviera Maya Playa del Carmen
ALL INCLUSIVE FAMILY RESORTS MEXICO
No.1: Grand Velas Riviera Maya Resort
Kids are welcome at this 85-acre all inclusive family resort in Mexico on the Caribbean coast, with family beach games including volleyball and football games. There’s kayak tours, bike rides, snorkel tours, and opportunities to swim with dolphins.
Kids club, for kids aged 4-12, has arts & crafts, storytelling, movies, board games and a video area with gaming systems.
There’s cool activities for teens at the supervised Teens Club too.
They’ll find video games, a killer sound system, disco floor & lights, karaoke & bar with teen-friendly drinks & snacks.
All this is included in the price:
- Free Wi-Fi
- Life Fitness Center and fitness classes
- Non-motorized water sports (kayaks and boogie boards)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner à la carte or buffet at Bistro, Azul and Chaká restaurants
- Dinner à la carte at 5 signature restaurants: Frida(gourmet Mexican cuisine), Cocina de Autor(creative-evolutionary cuisine), Piaf (traditional French cuisine), Sen Lin (Asian cuisine), and Lucca (Italian-Mediterranean cuisine)
- Premium domestic and international beverages at Koi Bar, Aqua Bar and throughout resort
- Mini-bar stocked daily
- 24-hour personal concierge
- Taxes and gratuities
Image credit: Beach Palace Cancun
No.2: Beach Palace Cancun
The Beach Palace Cancun has luxurious accommodations with in-room double whirlpool tubs.
Enjoy FREE world-class dining with views of the ocean.
Swim at the pool, or the gorgeous beach.
Kids can visit the state-of-the-art play paradise fitted with the latest in gaming technology and immersive play spaces.
Check the Playroom’s daily schedule for all the fun-filled events and activities.
The best thing at Beach Palace in Cancun is the 24-hour room service including breakfast favorites, entrées and main courses, soups, salads, snacks and desserts, available 24-hours a day.
There’s free WIFI, plus nightly Fire Shows with drumming, fire jugglers, and a dazzling light show each night too.
Image credit: Azul Beach Resort
No.3: AZUL Beach Resort Riviera Maya
Azul Beach Resort Riviera Cancun on Mexico’s Riviera Maya has the charm of a Caribbean Sea coastal resort, but just minutes from downtown Cancún and Playa del Carmen.
This all inclusive resort in Mexico has separate family zones, which is good for all.
Rooms are sun-bleached odes to summer vacations, with your very own in-suite hot tub.
There’s family suites if you need them.
Fun fact: All strollers, cribs, pack ‘n plays, bottle sterilizers and high chairs are provided during your trip.
There’s casual dining, swim up bars, gourmet corners and plenty of food options for kids.
- All meals and specialty gourmet bites are included
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages from a selection of domestic and international premium brands are included
- So is 24-hour room service
- Complimentary daily stocked mini bar with snacks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
Kids have all the fun at Azulitos playhouse.
They can join in:
- eco-friendly activities such as herb planting, eco scavenger hunts
- cooking classes
- MyGym fitness activities for kids
- beach activities including sandcastle making and toasting sweets over a bonfire, plus
- cultural immersion with local dance, art and music experiences.
13 to 17 year-old teens can hang out at Extreme Breeze Teens with sports and music videos, ping pong table, billiards and air hockey and outdoor activities including archery and volleyball.
Image credit: Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa
No.4: Dreams Resorts Mexico
If none of these resorts take your fancy, take a peek at the Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, or the Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa
ALL INCLUSIVE RESORTS CARIBBEAN
No.1: Beaches Turks and Caicos
The BEST all inclusive resort in the Caribbean is Beaches Turks and Caicos, set on Grace Bay, voted the World’s #1 Best Beach by TripAdvisor Travelers.
Want to know what’s included in the price of your overnight stay?
Endless fun activities for everyone including:
- a 45,000 square-foot Pirate Island waterpark with SkySlide, water cannons, whirlpools, lazy rivers, swim up soda bars, and the Caribbean’s only surf simulator
- five different themed accommodation villages, with the architecture, atmosphere and ambiance of Italy, France, Key West, the Caribbean & the Seaside
- a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters
- 10 impressive pools, 4 whirlpools, and
- the Xbox Play Lounge
- Liquid at Beaches nightly teen club, and Trench Town games room for kids
Image credit: Beaches Resort
Caribbean Adventures with Sesame Street
This is a Beaches resort exclusive – Caribbean Adventures with Sesame Street® characters.
(Click here to find out more about the different experiences kids can join with Elmo, Cookie Monster, Oscar the Grouch, and Big Bird!)
There’s baby and toddler programs supervised by certified nannies.
Older kids have their own programs too, where they will join in beach science, beach olympics, kids talent shows, treasure hunts, arts and crafts, beach soccer, reggae jam sessions, dive in movies, beach volleyball, capture the flag, and a world of water activities including water sports.
These sports and games are also included:
- Day and night tennis
- Fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment
- PADI-Certified scuba diving (and all equipment) in the scuba diving pool
- Snorkeling (and all equipment)
- Hobie Cats, paddle boards, kayaks, and professional instruction for water sports
- Beach volleyball, basketball, pool tables
You’ll also get unlimited dining for breakfast, lunch, dinner and anytime snacks at any one of the 21 different gourmet restaurants.
Enjoy unlimited premium liquors, stocked bars in every room, and 15 bars including swim up bars.
There’s two new food trucks near the waterpark where kids can order mac & cheese, and ice cream creations.
Plus all tips, taxes and gratuities, roundtrip airport transfers, day and night entertainment including live shows, and free wifi (in room and all common areas).
Beaches Resort is also the home of the Caribbean’s first Certified Autism Center.
Image credit: Leonardo Farina
No.2: Nickelodeon Hotels & Resorts Punta Cana
This is all-inclusive NICKELODEON resort in the Caribbean!
Start the day with a Character Breakfast where you can meet SpongeBob SquarePants, Dora the Explorer or Paw Patrol.
Or meet Donatello, Leonardo, Michelangelo, and Raphael at the TMNT Turtle Power Breakfast and learn some of their classic turtle moves.
End the day by heading off to dinner in your PJ’s for the Pajama Jam. NB: Surcharge applies for character dining.
Image credit: Francisco Herrera
Nickelodeon Place is the spot to hang out with Sponge Bob at Aqua Nick outdoor water park for pool side activities and games,
There’s water slides, splash pads, water cannons, spray grounds and a lazy river. Join a Mass Sliming, or head poolside for a Slime Time photo opportunity.
Play Orange has music, games and island-style fun, character experiences and meet and greets, surprise pop-ups and picture time during the day, followed by WOW Family Fiestas, dance parties and more at night.
Just Kidding is the indoor clubhouse/artist studio for kids with:
- a mega ball pit
- two-story slide, and
- DIY games and activities including slime-making classes & science experiments.
Kids 4-12 years can also join daily, supervised activities. Keep your eyes peeled for your fave characters too!
Book a swim-up suite with a wraparound pool, or one of the Swank Plunge Pool Suites with your very own plunge pool!
The cream of the accommodation is the signature Pineapple, a themed 2 bedroom, 3 bath villa with a loft, its’ own infinity pool and sun bathing beds.
As if that’s enough?
The Pineapple villa gives you access to your own private butler to attend to all your needs including arranging tailor made activities such as a pizza party, pajama party or moonlight beach dinner.
No.3: Club Med Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
The highlight of this all inclusive hotel in Mexico is the experience CREACTIVE by Cirque du Soleil; a creative playground inspired by the world-renowned acrobatic shows.
Learn from real life circus performers and be supported to try:
- flying trapeze
- high bungee
- aerial silk
- percussion, and
There’s kids clubs for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, elementary school kids, and teens with fun activities to keep them busy and happy.
Take a peaceful dip in the adults-only Zen lagoon pool, or splash with the kids and play polo or try an aqua fitness class at the main swimming pool.
Enjoy free water sports and activities all day including:
- stand up paddleboards
- table tennis
- petanque (boules), and
- dance lessons
Watch nightly entertainment of aerial acrobatics and circus too.
All meals and snacks are included in the nightly rate, plus kids under 4 stay free
ALL INCLUSIVE RESORTS ASIA
No.1: Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp and Resorts in Chiang Rai
The all inclusive package at Anatara resort in Chiang Rai includes luxury accommodation in one of the six family suites, plus admission to the Hall of Opium museum.
Enjoy full-board dining with select beverages and in room mini bars stocked daily with a selection of spirits, beers, soft drinks and snacks.
Choose immersive experiences – one of the following for each night you stay:
- Bond with elephants at Dara Camp, our mahout camp, the award-winning elephant camp, scientific research and conservation programme
- Relax in the spa in the jungle.
- Cruise down the Mekong River, exploring the unique cultures of three countries, accompanied by a local guide
- Spend a day at the Anantara cooking school and learn more about Thailand’s world-famous cuisine
Relax in style knowing that return airport transfers in a private limousine with refreshments have been arranged.
No.2: Club Med Asia
You can also find Club Med resorts in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Japan, and China.
MORE FUN HOTELS FOR KIDS
The Best Family Resorts where you pay as you go
These hotels and resorts are NOT all inclusive family resorts, but they are so much fun for kids, that they need a mention.
- Great Wolf Lodges
- Disney Hotels
- The Magic Castle Hotel Los Angeles
- Universal Studios Florida Loews Hotels