INSIDE: The In’s and Out’s of the Waldorf Apartments Auckland.
A clean and tidy, budget-priced, family-friendly hotel just 5 minutes walk to Auckland’s best playground for kids?
This is every family travel lover’s dream accommodation.
Book us in now.
- 1 Waldorf Apartments Auckland
- 2 FREE Wifi at the Waldorf Tetra Hotel
- 3 Late Check In at Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments
- 4 The Inside Scoop – Waldorf Tetra Apartments
- 5 Map of Waldorf Tetra Apartments Wakefield Street
- 6 Toadstool Rating – Waldorf Tetra Auckland
- 7 Looking for More Things to Do in New Zealand for Kids?
Waldorf Apartments Auckland
The Waldorf Tetra Apartments sit high up on Wakefield Street, between the two main roads in Auckland’s CBD.
You couldn’t want for a better location, except for the fact the walk home is all uphill! Be prepared to stop and catch your breath, at least once or twice.
The Waldorf Tetra serviced apartments were a delightful surprise. Super kid friendly, with two quaint bedrooms with fluffy cloud-like bedding, a small lounge area with separate dining table, and a kitchenette with open plan shelving.
Jack’s first task of the day? He organised and sorted our road trip snacks – muesli bars, potato chips, corn chips and salsa, seaweed crackers, and mini chocolate bars – onto these cupboard shelves.
FREE Wifi at the Waldorf Tetra Hotel
There’s FREE wifi so everyone can catch up with what’s happening on Facebook and Instagram, or play a round of Fortnite.
Or you can watch Sky TV. It was the first time in a decade I’ve caught up with all the latest music videos. I loved that more than I ever thought possible!
I do believe, despite the entertainment options on offer, that my wrestle-loving, tumbling boys might have been the loudest in the peaceful and quiet Waldorf Tetra hotel building, despite my pleas.
But, back to that playground.
The Waldorf Tetra Hotel is 5 minutes walk to the beautifully designed Myers Park playground. If you are travelling in Auckland with family, do not miss it. It’s the best city playground we’ve EVER seen!
Late Check In at Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments
If you plan to arrive late at Tetra Waldorf apartments, you’ll be given a code via email a few days before you travel. The code is for the keysafe lockbox at the front entrance of the hotel. This will give you access to your room keys, and entry through the main doors after hours. Here’s two pictures of what you need to look for.
The Inside Scoop – Waldorf Tetra Apartments
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of.
Address: Waldorf Tetra Serviced Apartments are located at 85 Wakefield St, Auckland CBD 1010, New Zealand
Telephone: 09 336 9000
Email: [email protected]
Website: Click here.
Cost: From $99 NZ per night, depending on room type. We paid $450 NZ for three nights in a Superior two bedroom apartment. A bargain price for Auckland hotels.
How to get there:
- By Bus: SkyBus from Auckland Airport. Be sure to ask the ticket seller at the airport to find out the closest stop to the hotel. Evidently, there are two routes into the CBD and we caught the wrong one. Our bus driver dropped us back at the Skybus transit lounge on Queen street, so we had an uphill walk with all our luggage to find the hotel. You need the bus that goes along Symonds Street. Exit at the closest stop to the Wakefield street intersection. SkyBus runs every 10 minutes during peak times – $18 each way.
- By Car: 22 minutes drive from Auckland airport via State Highway 20.
- By Shuttle: SuperShuttle is a reliable and cost-effective airport transport service. Please book directly by visiting their website or by calling (NZ toll free) 0800 SHUTTLE or 09-522-5100.
Waldorf Tetra Apartments Parking: Waldorf Tetra hotel has offsite parking in the Symonds St Car Park . Charges apply – Pay at Reception for the best rate
Map of Waldorf Tetra Apartments Wakefield Street
Nearest takeaway coffee and/or food options: Grab delicious warm soft pretzels at Popa’s Pretzels on Queen Street, opposite Sky World Entertainment Centre. There’s a bunch of other budget friendly food options for families here too.
Disability access: Yes
Closest ATM: Queen Street
Closest playground: Myers Park playground, Auckland
Weekly Housekeeping Service is offered to those staying more than 7 days, to leave you to enjoy the comforts of our apartments without the disturbance of daily housekeeping.
The Tetra Waldorf Apartments were last reviewed in August 2018.
Toadstool Rating – Waldorf Tetra Auckland
The best budget friendly hotel in Auckland for families, near a cool playground.
Looking for More Things to Do in New Zealand for Kids?
Click the blue links below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Website Directory.