INSIDE: The Insider’s Guide to Toy Street Hong Kong market for kids.
Share the fun of the 1980’s with your kids when you visit the Toy Street Market Hong Kong to go shopping.
Tai Yuen street will have you laughing and sighing with joy as you flashback to your childhood and remember the fun of these toys.
There are classics:
- stuff you’ll remember from your Christmas stocking, PLUS
- hundreds of new gadgets and gizmos, and
- all the latest fads your kids will go wild for.
Be prepared to fork out for a souvenir or ten here.
You cannot leave Toy Street in Hong Kong without at least one.
Take a look below to see what you might find.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
- 1 What to buy at Toy Street Hong Kong!
- 2 More Toys at Wan Chai market
- 3 Toy Shops on Tai Yuen Street Wan Chai
- 4 Seasonal Toys and Decorations
- 5 Comic Culture Walk at Toy Street in Wan Chai
- 6 More Hong Kong Markets worth a visit
- 7 THE INSIDE SCOOP: Tai Yuen Toy Market
- 8 How to get to Toy Street Hong Kong Wan Chai
- 9 Map of Tai Yuen Street Wan Chai
- 10 Toadstool Rating: Toy Street Hong Kong Review
- 11 Looking for More Things to Do in Hong Kong with Kids?
What to buy at Toy Street Hong Kong!
- limited edition figurines
- party decorations
- balloons and inflatable toys
- wind up tin toys
- cheap electronics
- cheap technology such as cute USB sticks
- Japanese style stationery
More Toys at Wan Chai market
Yes, there’s plenty more things to find, including:
- discounted toys
- plush stuffed toys
- cute keyrings
- stuff for celebrations
- school supplies
- action figures
- Hello Kitty goods
- lots of cute kawaii Japanese branded toys and accessories
- dress up costumes
- LEGO imitations
- racing cars, and more.
Cheap Knock Offs for Sale
You’ll find replica Disney toys from Toy Story, Finding NEMO, the Lion King and more
There’s also two rows of narrow stalls selling hats, caps, clothes, fashion, nuts, and more.
It’s not just street stalls either.
Toy Shops on Tai Yuen Street Wan Chai
There’s about 8-10 HK toy shops too, filled with toys.
These shop frontages are a cornucopia of:
- brightly colored balls
- giant plush toys
- battery operated cars
- blow up punching balls
- inflatable knockabout hammers
- rip offs of famous doll brands, and
- the odd Mickey or Minnie Mouse.
Some of these Tai Yuen Street toy stores in Hong Kong sell Anime-style character toys and outfits.
Other toy stores sell 100% genuine collectibles and merchandise too.
Seasonal Toys and Decorations
The best time to visit is near one of the holiday seasons, when the toy market is swamped with:
- seasonal and festival decorations
- dress up costumes
- good luck charms, and
- party goods.
In the lead up to Chinese New Year, the market stalls start selling decorations that can help invoke good Feng Shui for prosperity, wealth and good luck.
Image credit: Ani-com
Comic Culture Walk at Toy Street in Wan Chai
At Comic Culture Walk, you’ll meet the 36 statues of local animation and comic characters set up at the Wan Chai Temporary Promenade.
Ani-Com Park@Harbour “Fun” is a selfie-themed garden filled with life size Ani com sculptures and statues.
Plus, giant replicas of famous Hong Kong food like egg-tarts or milk tea.
To get there, head to MTR Wan Chai Station Exit A5, walk along the footbridge of O’Brien Road, pass through Immigration Tower and Central Plaza to the Convention Plaza.
Turn right and head straight to the footbridge to Great Eagle Centre.
Get off the footbridge on the first exit.
From there, follow the signs and head to Ani-Com [email protected]”FUN” through Fleming Road and Expo Drive East.
More Hong Kong Markets worth a visit
Discover Hong Kong markets like these ones:
- Apliu Street Market in Sham Shui Po (electronics market)
- Goldfish Market in Mong Kok
- Flower Market Street in Mong Kok
- Temple Street Night Market
- Stanley Market
You might also like to read this guide to the must try food in Hong Kong (including Hong Kong streetfood), some of which you can find at these Hong Kong markets.
THE INSIDE SCOOP: Tai Yuen Toy Market
Correct at time of publication on Roam the Gnome. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in HK dollars, unless otherwise stated
Address: Tai Yuen Street, Wan Chai, Hong Kong island
Toy Street Hong Kong Opening Hours:
- 10am to 7pm (some stalls open at 8am)
- 7 days
Toy Street Wan Chai Entry Fees:
- This toy market in Hong Kong is FREE to enter!
How to get to Toy Street Hong Kong Wan Chai
The Toy Street Market in Hong Kong is in Wan Chai.
By MTR train: Take the MTR to Wan Chai Station Exit A3. Walk for around two minutes to Tai Yuen Street.
Map of Tai Yuen Street Wan Chai
Toadstool Rating: Toy Street Hong Kong Review
I wouldn’t make a special visit to Toy Street HK, but pop in if you are in the vicinity.
Looking for More Things to Do in Hong Kong with Kids?
Click the blue links below for more Hong Kong attractions on Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, The New Territories and Lantau Island