INSIDE: Everything you need to know about the Hotel Athenaeum London for Kids.
If you are looking for a SUPER DOOPER kid-friendly hotel in London, stop right here. We’ve found it.
The Athenaeum Hotel London is a family-owned luxury hotel less than 10 minutes walk from Buckingham Palace, on the border of Green Park and just minutes away from Hyde Park!
Housed in an art-deco building, the Athenaeum hotel designer rooms with en-suite bathrooms have their own Nespresso machines in each room.
There’s Royal Athenaeum suites and apartments also available.
The Ultimate five-star Luxury Hotel in London has something for the adults AND something special for the kids too.
Take a look below for details!
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
Image credit: Athenaeum Hotel
- 1 The Hotel Athenaeum London Kid Concierge!
- 2 The Athenaeum London Living Wall
- 3 The Athenaeum Afternoon Tea
- 4 The Athenaeum Spa Mayfair
- 5 The Best London Hotel near Piccadilly
- 6 Things to do near the Athenaeum Hotel
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions – Athenaeum Hotel & Residences
- 8 THE INSIDE SCOOP: The Athenaeum Hotel London
- 9 Map of Athenaeum Hotel in London
- 10 How to get to the Athenaeum Hotel Mayfair
- 11 Toadstool Rating: Athenaeum Hotel London for families
- 12 Looking for MORE places to see in London?
The Hotel Athenaeum London Kid Concierge!
The Athenaeum welcomes children with open arms, even before check-in.
They have a Dedicated Kids Concierge!
Their team of staff understand the requirements of families and work hard to take away the stress of travelling with the kids!
There’s a pre-visit survey questionnaire for you to share all the details about the kid’s favourite things (what tv or videos they like to watch, the toys they like to play with etc).
They do their best to have these things ready in the room, when it’s possible!
Children love The Athenaeum London, especially meeting Jim the Doorman, a giant at 6ft6!
Nannies and Babysitters are on standby.
Book a ticket to a show.
The London Athenaeum Hotel also has:
- FREE wifi
- Free snacks and drinks (everything in the mini-bar – excluding alcohol- is free)
- A special menu, and free meals for under 12s.
- Cots and extra bedding when required
- Free milk and cookies for supper
- air conditioning
- Rainy days are no longer a hassle – the Athenaeum offers a wide-ranging DVD collection featuring the latest animated films and complimentary popcorn.
Kids can dip into the Toy Store to borrow their favourite toys and games.
Outdoor toys such as kites, footballs, toys, scooters and bikes are available to entertain the kids.
Why not take advantage of your proximity to Green Park across the road?
The Kids’ Concierge greets you upon arrival and keeps checking in on you too.
It’s why this London five star hotel is the best place to stay in London with kids.
The Athenaeum London Living Wall
This family hotel in London has:
- interconnecting bedrooms available for families and can arrange an additional child bed or cot on request.
- serviced residences that can include bunk beds or sofa-beds, just perfect for the little ones.
- adjoining apartments can be made interconnecting on request.
- interconnecting family room options available within a residence for extra privacy.
Plus for parents….
- use of the hotel’s gym and boutique spa
- an award-winning Afternoon Tea Menu in the Garden Room
- a Whisky Bar with 270+ varieties of your favourite tipple
- a flat-screen TV in every room, with pay-per-view movies
Plus check out their ‘Living Wall’ garden installation.
Installed in 2009, The Athenaeum’s Living Wall has quickly become a symbol of the hotel. The garden begins at street level and reaches all the way to the 10th floor.
The Athenaeum Afternoon Tea
The Athenaeum Hotel afternoon tea is truly fit for Royalty.
Guests can enjoy a special afternoon tea event at the Galvin at The Athenaeum.
Many of the ingredients included in this London afternoon tea are produced by Royal Warrant holders who supply the Queen, so you’ll be in good company.
Imagine Galvin cure smoked salmon sandwiches, Cumbrian beef & Coleman’s horseradish on onion bread sandwiches, and traditional scones with Tiptree strawberry jam and lemon curd.
From £39.00 per person. View the sample menu here.
The Galvin at the Athenaeum dress code is smart casual.
See the website for other Athenaeum hotel events.
The Athenaeum Spa Mayfair
The Athenaeum hotel spa is called REN spa.
Treat yourself with bespoke REN treatments and personalised packages.
Try something from their elegant range of beauty treatments or enjoy a manicure and pedicure.
The Best London Hotel near Piccadilly
This central London hotel location puts you smack bang in the middle of the kid-friendly action too.
The Athenaeum Piccadilly Mayfair Hotel London is close to:
- Covent Garden
- Natural History Museum
- Wonderlab Science Museum London
- Changing of the Guard ceremony Buckingham Palace
- Household Cavalry Museum
- Big Ben
- The London Eye
- Southbank with Namco Funscape
- The Jubilee Gardens playground
- The Princess Diana Memorial Playground with its’ Peter Pan theme & Pirate ship!
- Ripleys Believe it or Not!
The elegant Green Park is across the road too.
Things to do near the Athenaeum Hotel
It’s 15 minutes walk from:
- Oxford Street shopping
- Regent Street shops including Hamleys Toy Shop
- The theatres of the West End.
- Leicester Square and M & M World where you can buy personalised candy!
Click on the blue links above for a sneak peek of our visits to these iconic London attractions.
The London Athenaeum hotel is the perfect family location in London United Kingdom, within walking distance to LOTS of fun places!
Frequently Asked Questions – Athenaeum Hotel & Residences
What does Athenaeum mean?
The Athenaeum meaning is “an institution for the promotion of literary or scientific learning, for example – a library or reading room.”
Very apt for hotel in Mayfair.
THE INSIDE SCOOP: The Athenaeum Hotel London
Correct at time of publication on Roam the Gnome. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in British pounds, unless otherwise stated
Address: Athenaeum Hotel and Residences are located at 116 Piccadilly, Mayfair, London W1J 7BJ
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7499 3464
Email: [email protected]
Website: Click here
Athenaeum Hotel Deals: Check with the hotel for seasonal specials, and hotel room cost per night, and to check availability. Book direct.
Map of Athenaeum Hotel in London
How to get to the Athenaeum Hotel Mayfair
- Travel from London city airport to London Green Park Tube station (Victoria, Jubilee and Piccadilly lines).
- The Athenaeum Hotel London is a 5-minute walk from Green Park tube station, and less than 7-minutes from Hyde Park Corner. (Piccadilly Line)
By Taxi: The hotel is a five minute cab ride from Victoria station, or 15 minutes from Paddington and Waterloo stations.
Toadstool Rating: Athenaeum Hotel London for families
Looking for MORE places to see in London?
Click the links in blue below for more London tips