INSIDE: Roam the Gnome’s Guide to Sydney Park Bike Track for kids
Imagine a kids’ bike track with REAL working traffic lights, road line markings, and pedestrian crossings.
A place where kids can learn to ride their bikes and scooters along with all the road rules, without fear of being run over in the street.
It’s the number one reason to visit the Sydney Park Bike Track at the Sydney Park Cycling Centre, the place where riders of all abilities can learn safe riding skills.
Ride your scooters at the cool SYDNEY PARK BIKE TRACK!
Find all the details below.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
- 1 Guide to Sydney Park Bike Track St Peters
- 2 Sydney Park Cycling Centre
- 3 FREE Balance Bike Courses at Sydney Park Cycle Centre
- 4 Where to eat at Sydney Park St Peters?
- 5 THE INSIDE SCOOP: Sydney Park Cycle Centre
- 6 How to get to Sydney Park Alexandria
- 7 Sydney Park Map
- 8 Facilities at the Bike Track Sydney Park
- 9 Toadstool Rating: Sydney Park Bike Track Erskineville NSW
- 10 Looking for More Things to Do in Sydney This Weekend?
Guide to Sydney Park Bike Track St Peters
The kids bike track at Sydney Park has:
- concrete and brick pathways and roadways for kids to scooter and cycle
- a giant circular tunnel, an ‘underpass’ of bright yellow poles, traffic light ‘stop and go’ signals , road signs, cul-de-sacs, and bridges
- roundabouts and miniature concrete barriers, just like the ones you see on the sides of the road
- twists, turns, and up and down hills
Image credit: Eli Algranti
Shop Fronts & Stations at this Bike Park Sydney style
- an imaginative play area with a pretend shop-front, and refuelling station
- a bike pump
- a giant undercover riding area (lessons are held here too – find out more here)
- barbecue facilities and picnic areas alongside the track
Image credit: Eli Algranti
Sydney Park Cycling Centre
The Sydney Park cycle centre was built with the community in mind.
The creators of one of Sydney’s best bike tracks worked with the local community, including local children and park users, to design and build the blueprint for this innovative bike park.
It’s all lovingly designed with eye-catching sculptures amongst the bush habitat of shrubs and greenery.
It’s the perfect bike track in Sydney for beginners especially.
FREE Balance Bike Courses at Sydney Park Cycle Centre
Free Balance Bike Clinics run from 11am until 3pm every Saturday.
No need to book, just turn up and register with the instructors at the Sydney Park Cycling Centre.
Balance bikes and helmets are provided.
More bike riding workshop clinics are held during school holidays.
Please email Bikewise on [email protected] for details of upcoming clinics.
Courses are run by BikeWise, the current provider of Bike Courses for the City of Sydney.
Where to eat at Sydney Park St Peters?
The nearest Takeaway Coffee can be found at Sydney Park Kiosk, behind the Sydney Park playground.
It’s open 7am to 4pm, Monday to Sunday.
Fun Fact: The Bike Track is located at the crossroads of Alexandria, Erskineville, and St Peters so locals call it by one of the three names! Your guess which one is as good as ours.
THE INSIDE SCOOP: Sydney Park Cycle Centre
Correct at time of publication on Roam the Gnome. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in AUD dollars, unless otherwise stated
Address: Sydney Park Bike Track is at 410-416 Sydney Park Road, Alexandria
Telephone: 02 9265 9333
Opening Hours: Dawn to Dusk
How to get to Sydney Park Alexandria
By Train: St Peters train station is within walking distance.
- Bus route 370 stops at Sydney Park Road, near Mitchell Road, Alexandria.
- Bus route 308 stops at Mitchell Road, near Coulsen Street, Erskineville.
- Bus route 422 stops at King Street, near Concord Street, St Peters.
By Car: Click here for google map directions
Sydney Park Parking
The Sydney Park bike track is next to the car park on Sydney Park Road (opposite Mitchell Road)
Sydney Park Map
Facilities at the Bike Track Sydney Park
Toilets: At the Sydney Park playground (click link above), 5 minutes walk away
Enclosed: Yes, fenced along the main roads, and the entrance is far enough away from the carpark to give chase.
Toadstool Rating: Sydney Park Bike Track Erskineville NSW
Looking for More Things to Do in Sydney This Weekend?
Click the blue links for more Sydney city attractions