INSIDE: Best Things for kids to do at the Savoy Hotel London including Savoy signature toys!
We DREAM of staying at The Savoy Hotel London one day!
It’s on our bucket list of POSH things to do.
If you stay in a suite, you get your own DEDICATED BUTLER SERVICE!
The five-star Savoy Hotel London in the United Kingdom IS one of London’s most celebrated landmarks, near the banks of the River Thames and is super central to lots of things a family would love to do.
- visit Covent Garden
- shop Harrods in Knightsbridge
- step inside the wonder that is the Harrods Food Hall
- See a musical, ballet or opera
- Walk or take a taxi to some of the world’s best museums and art galleries.
The Savoy London has 267 luxury rooms and suites that feature historical influences, featuring either elegant English Edwardian design or sensational Art Deco style.
But the thing that excites me most?
The inclusions for kids!
Take a look below for all the details.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you. Main image credit: Will via Flickr CC BY SA 2.0
- 1 The Savoy Hotel London for Families
- 2 MORE Special Touches for London Savoy Hotel Kids!
- 3 Where to Eat at the Savoy with Kids
- 4 The Savoy London Afternoon Tea
- 5 Children’s Afternoon Tea at the Savoy
- 6 Facts about the Savoy Hotel
- 7 THE INSIDE SCOOP: The Fairmont Savoy Hotel London
- 8 How to get to the Savoy Hotel London
- 9 Map
- 10 Facilities at the Savoy London
- 11 Toadstool Rating: Hotel the Savoy London
- 12 Looking for MORE Things to Do with Kids in LONDON?
The Savoy Hotel London for Families
Families planning a trip to London stay at the Savoy Hotel because the location is PERFECT.
But really, it’s all about the service, and that makes an unforgettable luxury stay for kids, and their parents.
- Baby cots, roll-away beds and bed side rails available upon request
- Connecting rooms and suites available upon request (subject to availability)
Their “Cherish a Family Moment” package provides a second room at 50% off and includes breakfast.
Savoy Hotel London Spa
Plus everyone who stays at the Savoy Hotel London has access to spa treatments, and a private pool.
There’s a 24-hour gym too.
MORE Special Touches for London Savoy Hotel Kids!
Each child receives an exclusive Kaspar the Cat plush toy, the hotel’s signature mascot.
- Savoy themed colouring/activity books and coloured pencil sets
- Children’s Welcome Kit
- Children’s bathroom products (and a baby bathtub)
- Children’s bathrobes, slippers and clothes hangers
- In-room games consoles including Nintendo Wii systems*
- DVD & CD players
- an iPod docking station
- 10m swimming pool situated in its own atrium and filled with natural light (Please note children under 16 must be supervised by an adult at all times)
- Bottle warmers, Highchairs, Baby prams/strollers and a baby bath can be arranged
The Savoy uses the services of Rockabye Babysitters, a well renowned babysitting company in London.
Please contact the Housekeeping department for assistance.
Where to Eat at the Savoy with Kids
Children are welcome in:
- Kaspar’s at the Savoy (a British Grill menu with a French touch)
- Simpson’s In The Strand
- The Thames Foyer and
- Gordon Ramsay’s The Savoy Grill.
Simpson’s-in-the-Strand is the place where you can eat what is commonly known as London’s best roast dinner in the best of British tradition.
This firm British favourite, Roast rib of beef, is served directly from the restaurant’s famous carving trolleys.
The Savoy London Afternoon Tea
Enjoy the Savoy Hotel London afternoon tea .
The beautiful Thames Foyer, featuring a glass dome overheard, and a wrought iron gazebo centre stage from where a piano player serenades guests, is where one of the finest traditional Afternoon Teas in London is served, a custom that remains a British institution.
The tea is served on tiered cake stands full of finger sandwiches, homemade scones with clotted cream and jam, freshly made handcrafted signature cakes, and delicate pastries. Afternoon tea is served with a range of JING teas.
Tea at the Savoy Hotel starts from £65.00 per person
Children’s Afternoon Tea at the Savoy
Little guests are also welcomed for Afternoon Tea at The Savoy.
The Savoy London has partnered with HarperCollins Children’s Books for The Tiger Who Came to Tea at The Savoy, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Judith Kerr’s treasured classic, The Tiger Who Came to Tea at a special Savoy high tea event.
Facts about the Savoy Hotel
Here’s a few interesting stories from inside the Savoy hotel London
No.1: First Hotel in London to have electricity
The Savoy was the first hotel in London to have electricity
No.2: First Hotel in London to have elevators
It was also the first to have electric ‘lifts’, known as ‘ascending rooms’!
No.3: Speaking tubes!
Before phones, guests were connected to maids, valets, floor waiters and other parts of the hotel via SPEAKING TUBES!
No.4: First hotel in London to have ensuites!
Later, the hotel became the first to provide most rooms with private bathroom ensuites, along with cascading showers and quick-filling baths!
No.5: Fairmont Savoy Hotel London butlers
The Savoy Hotel London was the first to create a training academy to teach the new generation of butlers the “Savoy way”.
THE INSIDE SCOOP: The Fairmont Savoy Hotel London
Correct at time of publication on Roam the Gnome. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in British pounds, unless otherwise stated
Bookings: Contact the hotel directly for the Savoy hotel London prices per night.
The Savoy Hotel London deals?
Check the website for specials and Savoy family packages
How to get to the Savoy Hotel London
Where is the Savoy hotel?
Very close to Covent Garden, and the Waterloo Bridge. The Savoy is the only luxury hotel on the River Thames.
- Charing Cross station, served by the Bakerloo and Northern lines, is just a 4-minute walk from The Savoy.
- Embankment station, served by the Bakerloo, Northern, Circle and District lines; and Covent Garden station, served by the Piccadilly line, are both a 6-minute walk from the hotel.
By National Rail
- Charing Cross and Waterloo rail stations are under 16 minutes by car from The Savoy, and within easy reach on foot.
- Paddington, Victoria, London Bridge and Euston rail stations are all under 30 minutes by car from the hotel.
Parking near the Savoy Hotel London
The Savoy offers valet parking. Alternative garages are also available in the surrounding area. Parking charges are available on request.
Facilities at the Savoy London
- air conditioning
- room service
- 5 star rated
Toadstool Rating: Hotel the Savoy London
Looking for MORE Things to Do with Kids in LONDON?
Click the links in blue below for more London ideas.