INSIDE: Everything you need to know about visiting Old Mans Bali with kids.
Hot humid days in Bali call for icy cold milkshakes.
The best milkshakes in Canggu can be found at this hip but low-key surfer hangout, reminding me of Bali from 20 years ago.
Take your kids for a Icy Cold Milkshake at Old Mans Bali, and enjoy the fun atmosphere and views of the water.
Plus, put this Bali restaurant on your list of cool Canggu restaurants to visit for brunch, lunch or an early dinner with the kids.
Find all the details of how to get to this family friendly beach club, and more, below.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
- 1 Guide to Old Mans Bali Restaurant
- 2 More about Old Man Canggu Bali
- 3 Old Mans Breakfast Menu
- 4 Old Mans Menu Prices
- 5 Bali Old Man’s Menu for Lunch or Dinner
- 6 Old Man’s Bali Instagram Backdrop of Dreams
- 7 Bali Old Mans Events?
- 8 THE INSIDE SCOOP: Bali Old Man’s Restaurant
- 9 How to get to Old Mans Bali Restaurant
- 10 Facilities at Old Mans Bali Restaurant
- 11 Toadstool Rating: Bali Old Mans
- 12 Looking for MORE restaurants in Bali for kids?
Guide to Old Mans Bali Restaurant
Old Mans Restaurant and Bar is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner from 7am until 9pm at night.
The open-air restaurant is the ideal spot for kids and families, like an old school Aussie surf club, where kids are welcome and won’t get in the way, even if they wander the place or play.
There’s a dedicated box of wooden toys for the kids too.
We love how cruisey it is. It’s definitely somewhere we’d recommend to other families with kids for lunch, or a very early dinner, followed by a bit of beach time.
More about Old Man Canggu Bali
Old Man’s Restaurant is one enormous hall under a thatched roof filled with tables and chairs, lounges and low tables, bar stools and benches, and family banquet seating.
The outdoor space and garden area is chockablock with more picnic tables, sofa seating and lounges, all covered with iconic and colourful Balinese umbrellas with cute fringing.
Go early to take your pick.
(This place is a local’s hang out during the day for expats and long-term Bali stayers, and fills up quick)
The picnic tables out front have glimpses of Old Man’s Beach (Batu Bolong) behind the car park.
Grab one of these tables to keep the kids entertained with the comings and goings of Bali life outside the restaurant.
Old Mans Breakfast Menu
Breakfast at Old Mans is epic.
Order one of these:
- Old Man’s Bowla Granola – homemade maple syrup toasted granola with pineapple, mango, young coconut, vanilla yoghurt and chilled milk. (Soy available)
- Fresh tropical fruit with muesli, yoghurt and honey
- Sourdough toast or banana bread with choice of spreads
- Egg and bacon roll, or sausage and egg roll
- Omelettes, or a traditional Big Breakfast
- Eggs on toast, or Eggs benedict
- Surfer’s Porridge – rolled oats, banana, hot milk, grated coconut and palm sugar
- 2-stack Buttermilk pancakes
- or my favourite, Balinese rice pudding with mango and banana.
Old Mans Menu Prices
Most breakfast dishes are around the RP 35,000 to RP 60,000 ($3.50-$6 AUD) with a couple of bigger dishes at the RP 70,000 mark. ($7 AUD)
Kids breakfasts at Old Man’s Restaurant include:
- “Pirate Eggs” sunny side up with streaky bacon and sourdough toast, or
- a “Gromlette” ham and cheese omelette with sourdough toast.
Kids meals are under RP 40,000 ($4 AUD each).
Bali Old Man’s Menu for Lunch or Dinner
Old Man’s restaurant serves all the traditional western favourites for lunch and dinner, plus plenty of Indonesian meal choices too.
You can order starters including:
- salt and pepper calamari
- garlic tiger prawns
- buffalo wings, and
- hand cut chips.
For meals, there’s:
- fish and steaks from the grill
- a bunch of different pastas including bolognaise, carbonara, and pesto pollo ad funghi (basil pesto & cream sauce)
- fresh salads
- nasi goreng and curries,
- plus burgers.
Most meals are around RP 70,000 ($7 AUD) with grill meals around RP 100,000 ($10 AUD)
But the favourite is definitely the Old Man’s Fish and hand-cut chips for less than RP100,000 ($10 AUD).
Kids love the Old Man’s Kids menu with western favourites such as pizza, spaghetti and pasta dishes, and schnitzel for grabs.
Kids meals are under RP 45,000. ($4.50)
High chairs are available too.
For drinks, try the mango or strawberry granita.
Or those icy cold milkshakes.
There’s also an extensive coffee and tea menu.
Hot tip: Order meals and drinks at the cashier.
Old Man’s Bali Instagram Backdrop of Dreams
Don’t be surprised if you recognise the fabulous mandala wall from Old Man’s Bali instagram?
The art by Australian artist Lucas Grogan is a mainstay instagram feature!
Remember to grab your selfie too.
Bali Old Mans Events?
No.1: Old Mans Canggu Markets
Time a visit to Old Man’s with the monthly Canggu market.
Held at the end of the month on a Saturday from 8am-3pm, the Old Man’s market has 150+ vendors featuring local and independent designers.
- handmade treasures, and
- delicious organic food.
Check the Old Mans Bali Facebook page for upcoming dates.
THE INSIDE SCOOP: Bali Old Man’s Restaurant
Correct at time of publication on Roam the Gnome. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in AUD dollars, unless otherwise stated
Address: Jalan Batu Bolong, Canggu · Badung, Bali, Indonesia, 80361 Badung, Bali, Indonesia
Telephone: 0361 8469 158 or 0361 8469 159
Old Mans Bali Opening Hours
7am to 9pm
How to get to Old Mans Bali Restaurant
By Bus: Here’s a helpful guide to catching Kura Kura buses
By Taxi: Book a Bluebird taxi
By Bali tour driver: Book a private car with Bali driver for the day
Click here for google map directions
Bali Old Mans Parking
Parking lot next door to Old Mans Bali.
Facilities at Old Mans Bali Restaurant
Toilets: Yes, including baby change table
Disability access: Limited but doable
Shade: Lots of umbrellas over picnic tables. Or sit inside.
Enclosed: The road out front of the entrance is super busy with cars and hectic scooter riders. Keep an eye on the little ones.
- Don’t be put off by the beautiful people in the Instagram feed. There’s plenty of families and children here during the day.
- Happy Hour is from 5-6pm.
- Old Man’s turns into a hangout for backpackers and twenty-somethings as the sun sets, with live music by local bands, and drinks flowing.
Toadstool Rating: Bali Old Mans
Looking for MORE restaurants in Bali for kids?
Click the links in blue for more Bali tips below.