INSIDE: Roam the Gnome’s Guide to Knox Park Murwillumbah Skate Park & Playground
Watch our Roam the Gnome Video Review of this cracker playground in Murwillumbah, and Knox Park Murwillumbah skate park.
We think it’s the best playground of the entire Byron and Tweed Shire regions!
Take a look.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
- 1 Knox Park Murwillumbah Playground
- 2 Knox Park Adventure Playground
- 3 Best Murwillumbah Playground Fort
- 4 Knox Skatepark Youth Precinct
- 5 Murwillumbah NSW picnic spots
- 6 MORE Fun Things to Do in Murwillumbah & Events
- 7 THE INSIDE SCOOP: Murwillumbah Skate Park & Playground
- 8 How to get to Murwillumbah from Byron Bay
- 9 Map of Knox Park in Murwillumbah
- 10 Facilities at Knox Park Murwillumbah New South Wales
- 11 Toadstool Rating: Knox Park Precinct
- 12 Looking for more fun things to do in Byron Bay shire?
Knox Park Murwillumbah Playground
The $1.2 million dollar Knox Park Adventure Playground and Skate Park Precinct was officially opened on Thursday 14th April 2016
It’s continues to be the BEST playground in the region.
Driving from Byron Bay or Tweed Heads to Murwillumbah?
It’s well worth the 30 minute drive from Byron Bay or Tweed, especially when you tag it to a visit to the Tweed Regional Gallery and the Margaret Olley Art Centre.
Time a visit when the Makers and Finders Market Murwillumbah is on, and do pop into the M-Arts Precinct.
Murwillumbah is a quaint and charming riverside town so you could quite easily spend the entire day here.
Stop for lunch, cakes and coffee at the Austral Cafe (86 Main St), for a quintessential old-school Aussie bakery experience.
(Chips and gravy anyone?)
Knox Park Adventure Playground
The Knox Park playground corners Wollumbin and Brisbane Street, with the main parking lot entrance on the left just through and past the roundabout.
It’s then a two-minute walk across the grassy field to find the playground hidden in the trees.
Or, drive up Wollumbin Street a little further and take the first left into Nullum street and park by the toilet block.
This is the closest access to the playground.
Best Murwillumbah Playground Fort
The main playground fort has a high-top bridge and super long tunnel slide.
Playground Murwillumbah Equipment
The playground has LOTS of play equipment and zones including;
- nature play creek and water pump station
- the toddlers playground
- the spinning cone
- the spider web swing
- the swing zone
- the music zone
- the dinosaur zone
- the flying fox swings, and
This playground in Murwillumbah will keep the kids busy for HOURS.
A row of swings, mandatory for toddlers!
Look out for the dinosaur tracks!
And the musical instruments right next door.
Bridge & Flying Fox
The bridge goes over a treed gully area, to a enormous flying fox with a huge run.
Children line up to take turns.
Nature Playground at Murwillumbah
Kids love this area as much as the other.
Is there anything better than a nature area to explore, rock hop, and clamber?
Knox Skatepark Youth Precinct
A 3 minute walk from the playground following the pathway to the right takes you to the new skate park, a ‘best practice’ plaza-style skate and scooter zone.
While there are normally tonnes of teenagers there, they are generally very respectful of the younger kids.
The skate park is also designed to offer accessibility to kids of all ages.
- flat sections
- FUN BOXES (check out my skate speak!)
- low rise hills for those just starting out
- a super deep double skate bowl
- speed skate areas
- high hills and drops on corners
Plus, plenty of places to do tricks.
Murwillumbah NSW picnic spots
Bring healthy food, snacks and a chocolate charcuterie board for a delicious picnic lunch.
If you forget, visit Coles supermarket opposite the community skate park, along with a bunch of cafes in town (5 minutes walk).
MORE Fun Things to Do in Murwillumbah & Events
Click here for our ultimate guide of things to see in Murwillumbah with kids.
THE INSIDE SCOOP: Murwillumbah Skate Park & Playground
Correct at time of publication on Roam the Gnome. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in Australian dollars, unless otherwise stated
Address: Corner of Wollumbin street and Nullum street, Murwillumbah New South Wales
Telephone: 02 6670 2400 or 1300 292 872 (Tweed shire council)
Opening Hours: Daylight hours
Entry Fees: FREE!
How to get to Murwillumbah from Byron Bay
- Murwillumbah to Byron Bay takes 45 minutes. From the CBD, drive along Ewingsdale Road to the Pacific Highway. Take the Murwillumbah exit after Brunswick Heads, and follow the Old Pacific Highway. Click here to add your location for google map directions.
- Brisbane to Murwillumbah is an hour and a half. Click here for directions
- Gold Coast to Murwillumbah is about 45 minutes drive.
Parking at Knox Park Murwillumbah
There is paid parking in the main car park near the rotunda, opposite the MA Arts Precinct and Cinema.
Or park for free on Wollumbin street.
Map of Knox Park in Murwillumbah
Facilities at Knox Park Murwillumbah New South Wales
Water bubblers: Yes
BBQ facilities: Yes
Picnic tables: Yes
Toadstool Rating: Knox Park Precinct
We went from playground to skatepark, and back again, and stayed for over 3 hours.
That still wasn’t enough time.
Bring a book!
Looking for more fun things to do in Byron Bay shire?
Click the blue links below for more Byron Bay Shire attractions.