INSIDE: The Complete Guide to Regents Park Hanover gate playground.
Regent’s Park is one of the best Royal Parks in central London.
Regents Park London is famous for the London Zoo and Regent’s University London, and it’s one of the best parks in London.
But, of course, it’s the LONDON PLAYGROUNDS FOR KIDS we love most!
Take a look at our sneak peek video below of the Hanover Gate Children’s Playground.
It’s just one of the playgrounds in Regents Park London.
Find all the details of this one below.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
- 1 Video of Hanover Gate Playground
- 2 Guide to visiting Regents Park Playground Hanover Gate
- 3 No.1: Hanover Gate Children’s Playground Fort
- 4 No.2: Visit Regents Park Hanover Gate tree fort
- 5 The Ultimate Parkour Playground Regents Park!
- 6 No.3: Sandpit & swings
- 7 BYO Picnic to Hanover Gate London
- 8 Where is Hanover Gate Regents Park childrens playground?
- 9 Regents Park Boathouse Cafe
- 10 Regents Park Cafe Menu
- 11 THE INSIDE SCOOP: Hanover Gate Regents Park Playground
- 12 How to get to Hanover Gate Playground London
- 13 Map of Playground Hanover Gate Regents Park
- 14 Toadstool Rating: Regents Park kids playground
- 15 Looking for MORE FUN THINGS TO DO in London with Kids?
Video of Hanover Gate Playground
Guide to visiting Regents Park Playground Hanover Gate
On a bright sunny day, this place is packed with Londoner’s but if you visit on a day like we did, overcast and chilly, you have it mostly to yourselves.
It lies within north-west London, partly in the City of Westminster and partly in the London Borough of Camden.
There’s three parts to this playground.
No.1: Hanover Gate Children’s Playground Fort
The main attraction is the modern fort playground and rope carousel, painted in bright blue and yellow.
The modern playground has an old-school spiral slide that was the highlight for these busy boys.
No.2: Visit Regents Park Hanover Gate tree fort
The Tree Castle Fort nature playground in Regents Park is next.
This London nature playground is better suited to kids over 5 or 6.
The Ultimate Parkour Playground Regents Park!
It’s definitely a challenge for kids to traverse all those rope swings, rope bridges, “Mt Everest” diagonal climbing frames, ladders, and nets.
Awesome for parkour enthusiasts!
No.3: Sandpit & swings
Lastly, there’s a giant sandpit and a row of swings.
Inside the sandpit is:
- a water play area
- a water pump with timber channels, and
- raised tables set in sandpit area.
You’ll also spy a swinging hammock nearby.
BYO Picnic to Hanover Gate London
There’s picnic tables, and this playground in London central is fully fenced.
There’s also toilets, pram parking and an undercover shelter should you suddenly need to take cover from the rain!
My boys spent most time between the blue and yellow playground, and the tree fort nature playground.
Jack didn’t even venture over to the swings, quite surprisingly.
We stayed for two hours!
Where is Hanover Gate Regents Park childrens playground?
To find the Boating Lake and the Regents Park play area, enter the park through the Baker Street entrance.
You’ll see an information signboard and map on your right.
Walk past that, and you’ll see a body of water and LOTS of pigeons in front of you!
Turn left, and walk the path along the water’s edge.
Regents Park Boathouse Cafe
About 500 metres along, on your right, you’ll spot the Regents Park Boathouse Cafe, and the Boating Lake.
On the day we visited, it was WAY too cold for that kind of nonsense, so it was straight to the Regents Park Playground Hanover Gate for us.
But we did enjoy the wander through the Regents Park gardens. Even in the cold, there’s a beauty about this wide open space in the centre of London city.
Regents Park Cafe Menu
There are food and drink outlets in the Park.
Visit here for details of the menu.
THE INSIDE SCOOP: Hanover Gate Regents Park Playground
Correct at time of publication on Roam the Gnome. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in British pounds, unless otherwise stated
Regents Park Address: Hanover Gate road, Regents Park
If you are using a mobile device, the postcode for the park is NW1 4NR, but note this is for guidance only as the park covers a large area.
Regents Park Opening Times
- 9am opening.
- Closing time varies with the season: Winter 4pm. Summer 7pm approx.
How to get to Hanover Gate Playground London
The Tube stations closest to Regent’s Park are:
- Regent’s Park (Bakerloo line)
- Great Portland Street (Hammersmith & City, Circle & Metropolitan lines)
- Baker Street (Hammersmith & City, Circle, Jubilee, Metropolitan & Bakerloo lines)
- St John’s Wood (Jubilee line)
- Camden Town (Northern line)
Baker Street station is the best for Hanover Gate. Entrance to Regents Park Playground Hanover Gate via Baker Street.
Buses that stop around the park are:
- 74 Baker St Station – Roehampton (BEST ONE)
- 2 Marylebone Station – Crystal Palace
- 13 Aldwych – Golders Green
- 18 Euston – Sudbury
- 27 Chalk Farm – Turnham Green
- 30 Marble Arch – Hackney Wick
- 82 Victoria – North Finchley
- 113 Oxford Circus – Edgware
- 139 Waterloo – West Hampstead
- 189 Oxford Circus – Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 274 Angel Islington – Lancaster Gate
- 453 Marylebone Street – Deptford Broadway
- C2 Oxford Circus – Parliament Hill Fields
Map of Playground Hanover Gate Regents Park
Toadstool Rating: Regents Park kids playground
Looking for MORE FUN THINGS TO DO in London with Kids?
Click the links in blue below for more London tips.