INSIDE: Helpful Tip for Freedom Camping Taupo.
Hot showers are the thing you miss the most when freedom camping around New Zealand.
Hot tip: When Freedom Camping Taupo, you don’t have to worry about missing out.
- 1 SuperLoo Taupo has HOT SHOWERS for travellers!
- 2 Hire Towels and More at Taupo Superloo
- 3 The Inside Scoop – Superloo Facilities for Freedom Camping Taupo
- 4 Freedom Camping Taupo? Here’s your Superloo Map
- 5 Toadstool Rating – Superloo Showers when Freedom Camping Taupo
- 6 Looking for more Fun Things to Do in Taupo & Waitomo with Kids?
SuperLoo Taupo has HOT SHOWERS for travellers!
Head straight to the Superloo Facility in Taupo city, pay your $2.50 and enjoy 4 minutes of divine hot water raining down on you.
Look out for the yellow-and-white SuperLoo sign on the corner of Tongariro street and Story place.
It’s easy to spot.
Hire Towels and More at Taupo Superloo
Travelling light? You can also purchase:
- Locker Hire – $2 a day
- Towel Hire – $3
- Soap – 50 cents
- Shampoo – 50 cents
- Other toiletries are also available. Please ask.
Strangely, you also have to pay to use the toilet. 50 cents per entry.
Kids under 5 are free, and can use the standalone toilet in the Parent and Caregivers room. There’s a quiet space to breastfeed, and nappy changing facilities in here too.
The Superloo was one of the first user-pays facilities to be developed specifically for the travelling public. Yay for Taupo Council. They look after their freedom campers and we are grateful.
The Inside Scoop – Superloo Facilities for Freedom Camping Taupo
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of.
Address: Superloo is situated on Tongariro Street, beside the traffic lights.
Opening Hours: 8am to 5pm
How to get there:
- By Car: From Napier direction on Napier-Taupo road, turn right at the final T intersection near Lake Taupo, onto Lake Terrace/Thermal Explorer Highway. Follow this along for 2km until you reach Tongariro Street. Turn right, then turn left onto Story Place, just after Superloo.
- By Bus: Catch the Intercity Bus from Napier to Taupo. Exit at the Taupo i-SITE and walk 100 metres.
Parking: Free parking in Story Place carpark.
Freedom Camping Taupo? Here’s your Superloo Map
Nearest takeaway coffee and/or food options: Subway, Dominos, Burger Fuel and Lone Star are around the corner on Roberts Street. Plus, there are plenty of cafes too.
Disability access: Yes
Notes: Superloo Taupo was last reviewed in September 2018.
Toadstool Rating – Superloo Showers when Freedom Camping Taupo
Looking for more Fun Things to Do in Taupo & Waitomo with Kids?
Click the blue links below.
Taupo Top 10 – The Ultimate List of Family Things to Do in Taupo (Coming Soon)