INSIDE: Ultimate guide to Superloo Taupo.
Hot showers are the thing you miss the most when freedom camping around New Zealand.
If you are freedom camping in Taupo, you don’t have to worry about missing out.
Enjoy $2.50 HOT SHOWERS at the Superloo!
Find all the details below.
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
- 1 Guide to SuperLoo Taupo HOT SHOWERS for travellers!
- 2 Hire Towels and More at Taupo Superloo
- 3 Parents Room at Super Loo Taupo
- 4 THE INSIDE SCOOP: Superloos
- 5 How to get to Superloo Taupo
- 6 Taupo Superloo Map
- 7 Facilities at Superloo NZ
- 8 Toadstool Rating – Freedom Camping Taupo Superloo Showers
- 9 Looking for more Fun Things to Do in Taupo & Waitomo with Kids?
Guide to SuperLoo Taupo HOT SHOWERS for travellers!
Head straight to the Superloo Facility in Taupo city, pay your $2.50 and enjoy 4 minutes of divine hot water raining down on you.
Look out for the yellow-and-white SUPERLOO sign on the corner of Tongariro street and Story place.
It’s easy to spot.
And it’s right next door to the awesome Taupo playground.
Hire Towels and More at Taupo Superloo
You can also purchase:
- Locker Hire – $2 a day
- Towel Hire – $3
- Soap – 50 cents
- Shampoo – 50 cents
- Other toiletries are also available. Please ask.
Strangely, you also have to pay to use the public toilets.
It’s 50 cents per entry.
Parents Room at Super Loo Taupo
Kids under 5 are free, and can use the standalone public toilet in the Parent and Caregivers room.
There’s a quiet space to breastfeed, and nappy changing facilities in here too.
The Superloo was one of the first user-pays facilities to be developed specifically for the travelling public.
Yay for Taupo Council looking after their freedom camper overnight visitors.
THE INSIDE SCOOP: Superloos
Correct at time of publication on Roam the Gnome. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in AUD dollars, unless otherwise stated
Address: This Superloo site is situated on Tongariro Street, beside the traffic lights.
Opening Hours: 8am to 5pm
How to get to Superloo Taupo
By Bus: Catch the Intercity Bus from Napier to Taupo. Exit at the Taupo i-SITE and walk 100 metres.
- From Napier direction on Napier-Taupo road, turn right at the final T intersection near Lake Taupo, onto Lake Terrace/Thermal Explorer Highway.
- Follow this along for 2km until you reach Tongariro Street.
- Turn right, then turn left onto Story Place, just after Superloo.
Free parking in Story Place carpark.
Taupo Superloo Map
Facilities at Superloo NZ
Nearest takeaway coffee and/or food options:
- Subway, Dominos, Burger Fuel and Lone Star are around the corner on Roberts Street.
- Plus, there are plenty of cafes too.
Disability access: Yes
Toadstool Rating – Freedom Camping Taupo Superloo Showers
Looking for more Fun Things to Do in Taupo & Waitomo with Kids?
Click the blue links for more Taupo & Waitomo attractions & ideas