INSIDE: Roam the Gnome’s Guide to the best things to do in Los Angeles with kids and family. Updated 2019.
Los Angeles, the city of Angels, the home of Hollywood AND the place featured in more hit films than any other.
There’s hundreds of things to do in Los Angeles with kids, and we’ve only just started.
Take a look at some of our favourite Los Angeles attractions below.
Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links. If you book a product or service after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you.
- 1 Things to do in Los Angeles with Kids
- 2 Family Day Out Los Angeles to the California Theme Parks
- 3 Los Angeles Attractions for Kids
- 4 Art Galleries & Museums in Los Angeles
- 5 MORE Los Angeles Museums for kids
- 6 Nature Parks & Gardens in Los Angeles
- 7 Zoos and Wildlife
- 8 Sport in Los Angeles
- 9 More Places to Visit in Los Angeles
- 10 Shopping in Los Angeles
- 11 Things to do in San Diego
- 12 Looking for MORE places to visit in America with kids?
Things to do in Los Angeles with Kids
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of. All prices in US dollars.
Visiting Los Angeles with kids is a tonne of fun.
First of all, there’s DISNEYLAND, and right next door, DISNEY’S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE PARK – the home of Radiator Springs Cars Ride!
Family Day Out Los Angeles to the California Theme Parks
Don’t forget the other theme parks in LA:
- Universal Studios Hollywood
- Knotts Berry farm – the home of Snoopy, Charlie and friends, and
- LEGOLAND California.
There’s also plenty of nature experiences, bushwalking in the canyons, and beautiful ocean views all along the Los Angeles coastline.
Los Angeles Attractions for Kids
You can walk Hollywood Boulevard to see all your favourite stars immortalised on the Avenue of Stars.
Visitors can head inside Madame Tussauds to take selfies with the wax models of these same A-list stars.
No.1: Star Line Tours
Jump on a Star Line Tour bus for a trip around Los Angeles to see the Santa Monica Pier, and pass by Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills (that famous high-end fashion street from the Julia Roberts hit film, Pretty Woman).
Or head towards the hills for an outstanding view of the Hollywood Sign.
No.2: Griffith Park Los Angeles
Griffith Park is home to the Los Angeles zoo, and the iconic Griffith park carousel.
There’s a fun playground at Griffith Park for kids too.
Art Galleries & Museums in Los Angeles
- Kidspace Children’s Museum Los Angeles (Pasadena)
- Exposition Park with the California Science Center, California African American Museum and the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
- Los Angeles Public Library
- Beverly Hills public library
- Peterson Automotive Museum
- Battleship USS Iowa museum
- Samuel Oschin Air and Space center to see a space shuttle
- Flight Path learning center & museum
- Japanese American National Museum
- Los Angeles Country Museum of Art
MORE Los Angeles Museums for kids
- Museum of Ice Cream
- City Hall
- Los Angeles Maritime Museum
- Wells Fargo Museum
- Discovery Cube Los Angeles
- Fort McArthur Military Museum
- Museum of Illusions & the Museum of Selfies
- The Banning Museum
- Guinness World Records Museum
Nature Parks & Gardens in Los Angeles
- Culver City Park
- Arlington Garden in Pasadena
- The Huntington Desert Garden
- Descanso Gardens
- Eaton Canyon
- Bronson Caves
- Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Gardens
Zoos and Wildlife
- La Brea Tar Pits
- Cabrillo Marine aquarium
- Wildlife Learning Center
Sport in Los Angeles
- Catch a ball game at Dodger stadium
- Rose Bowl
More Places to Visit in Los Angeles
- Venice Canals walkway
- Little Tokyo
- See the Rose Parade in Pasadena
- Watch a show at the Hollywood Bowl
- Griffith Observatory
- The Getty Center
- Venice Beach to see the musclemen, scooter the beachside Venice Beach boardwalk, or ride the bowl in the Venice Skatepark
- Greystone Mansion and Park
- Staples Center
- OUE Skyspace LA
- Ripley’s Believe it or not!
- Mission San Gabriel Archangel church
- Spadena House (complete with a witch house!)
- Glendale Center Theatre
- Pasadena Ice skating center
Shopping in Los Angeles
Visit these great Los Angeles shopping destinations.
- The Grove
- The Americana at Brand
- Los Altos farmers markets
- Rose Bowl stadium markets
Things to do in San Diego
If you have access to a hire car, or can catch a train from Union station, kids love the San Diego Zoo and Sea World too.
There’s lots of free things to do in Los Angeles with toddlers and kids too.
Looking for MORE places to visit in America with kids?
Click the blue links for more LA tips.