INSIDE: Aerodrive Car Rental is the best budget car hire in Auckland. Here’s why.
- You don’t need an International Driver’s Licence
- You don’t need a Credit Card to hire one
- They’ll pick you up from the airport and take you straight to your car
That’s just three reasons why we choose Aerodrive Car Rental in Auckland.
- 1 Aerodrive Car Rental in Auckland
- 2 Aerodrive Car Rentals saved the day.
- 3 Budget Car Hire Auckland
- 4 Aerodrive Auckland Airport
- 5 More Depots for Aerodrive New Zealand & Australia
- 6 The Inside Scoop – Aerodrive Auckland
- 7 Toadstool Rating – Aerodrive Car Rental Review
- 8 Looking for More Things to Do in New Zealand for Kids?
Aerodrive Car Rental in Auckland
I don’t own a traditional credit card but it’s not normally a problem. A debit Mastercard or Visa card is our card of choice to nab cheap flights, buy tickets, and book hotels.
But booking a budget hire car in New Zealand was near on impossible without one.
Aerodrive Car Rentals saved the day.
The catch to use my debit card was a no-brainer. I had to pay full comprehensive insurance – this cancelled out their need to hold a sum of thousands against a card in case of an accident.
I would have paid for this anyway. (We never ever travel without insurance.)
Booking a car rental in Auckland with Aerodrive was easy, and hassle free. We collected our car on day three of our trip, from Aerodrive’s Auckland City depot on St Georges Bay Rd, in Parnell, Auckland City. It was five minutes from our hotel by taxi.
Budget Car Hire Auckland
The Aerodrive price was budget friendly too, without all those ‘extra charges’ when you return the car.
Hooray for honest car rental companies.
We paid one price, up front, and not a cent more. $458 NZ dollars for 6 days with full comprehensive insurance. This amount also included the hire of a portable modem rental with Skyroam Pocket Wifi for $14 NZ a day, giving us portable wifi for the kids’ devices in the car, and most importantly, our favourite on-the-go app, Google maps.
If you prefer the old school way of road trips with maps, the Aerodrive office stocks free AA maps galore, and there’s child car seats for hire if you need them too.
I’ve popped a couple of pictures of how to find the Aerodrive depot office, as it’s hidden out the back of a nondescript building. Look out for the big 130 number on the mud coloured building. The driveway entrance is to the right. (The Paddington Sports Bar and Restaurant is directly opposite too.)
Aerodrive Auckland Airport
You can also collect and drop off your car direct to and from the Auckland Airport.
Actually, hiring a car from Auckland Airport is not quite true. Their Auckland Airport car rental depot is a good 7-10 minutes drive from the airport, at 112 Pavillion Drive, Airport Oaks, Auckland, but the team there will collect you from Auckland airport in their passenger van, or drop you back.
The depot is huge, but not that easy to find, especially if your pocket wifi hire contract has finished!
To make it even more confusing, the signage when you get there says ‘Aeropark’, not Aerodrive, but with the same orange and white branding and ‘tick’. Trust us, Aeropark is the same business as Aerodrive. You’re in the right place.
More Depots for Aerodrive New Zealand & Australia
Find depots in New Zealand at:
You can start in Auckland and drive all the way down.
In Australia, find Aerodrive:
- Gold Coast
Check out the range of Aerodrive rental cars available here.
The Inside Scoop – Aerodrive Auckland
Correct at time of publication. Please check with venue for updates. We apologise in advance if there have been any changes we are unaware of.
- Auckland CBD – 1J/128 St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell, Auckland 1052, New Zealand
- Aerodrive Car Rental Auckland Airport – 112 Pavilion Drive, Airport Oaks, Auckland Airport, New Zealand 2022
Telephone: NZ Freecall 0800 237637. International + 64 9 6665113
Website: Click here
Opening Hours: 24/7, 365 days
Discount Car Rental: Like Aerodrive on Facebook and get 10% off your standard rate. Be sure to remind them at pick up! You can also search for an Aerodrive promo code online.
How to get there:
- By Bus: SkyBus takes you to Auckland CBD. Catch a taxi or uber from your hotel to the Aerodrive office in Parnell.
- By Transfer Van: Call them for a pick up from Auckland Airport.
- Anyone over 21 can hire a car rental
- They offer FREE cancellation. Another reason to choose Aerodrive for your New Zealand road trip.
- It’s proudly 100% Kiwi owned and operated business.
- Need more info? Click here for their FAQ page.
Last reviewed in August 2018.
Toadstool Rating – Aerodrive Car Rental Review
We’d recommend organising a quote. Aerodrive is hassle-free car rental in Auckland.
Looking for More Things to Do in New Zealand for Kids?
Click the blue links below.
Disclosure: If you book hotels or activities, or buy products through a link on Roam the Gnome, we may receive a small affiliate income.
Thank you for your support in helping us to grow this Family Travel Website Directory.